CGM sticky tape?

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi guys I know this is a very specific question but can anyone recommend extra tape for the dexcom CGM? 14 days in sensor is still working well but the tape has given up! Any recommendations?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Re: CGM sticky tape?

Micro porous surgical tape is good on skin. Have used to clamp tubes on skin. Usually a small roll in first aid kits if u.got.one handy.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

ivinghoe

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
professional football

I too use hypafix if I have the sensor on my stomach area and it usually stays put for 2 weeks.
I normally use skin tac skin adhesive when I put the sensors on my arms (where they last around 3 - 4 weeks).

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Quick question, which dexcom CGM do you have? The ones I've seen only last 7 days they say. That's why I've been put off. But if they work for 14 days then that already halves the running costs!

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

Aminas vibe with the attached CGM, only Licenced for 7 but im on 15 today. 14 soildly good will report back on how far I get.

Micropore isnt cutting it will look into the others thanks very much guys :D

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm managing without one, but nice to have all the info just incase! 14 days makes it sustainable...

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

It will honestly change your life Hale (if your anything like me!) Ive got a graph plotting my BG every 5 mins..... :D

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I do love a graph.......

I've had such an easy time in the honeymoon. So I feel I should give it a go without the CGM first. But I think eventually ill cave.

If it's affordable then I don't see why I shouldn't! 14 day sensor makes all the difference to cost!

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

Only thing i would say to that is i was fine on mdi but its made all the difference with the pump. Assuming thats what you want eventually? the amines is the cheapest on CGM and i would say the best otherwise too (as long as you don't mind multiple button pushing)

Ive got that hypatape on order thanks guys xx

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes they've out me through DAFNE and pump is being reviewed in January. My area mostly push accu check but I know one girl with the animas whose dexcom arrived yesterday, self funded also

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

They use Tegaderm at my hospital. It works well in that it sticks but I came out in a rash with it on my stomach ( It's odd, I don't have any other allergies and normally no problems with various plasters but I also come out in a rash from the cannula sticky on my stomach but not normally elsewhere!)

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

I have been using Dexcom G4 for over a year now, its an amazing bit of kit and would not be without it now. I get over 3 weeks from each sensor. I don't use any tape, I put sensors in my arm and use Skin Tac to secure them in place.

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

I have been using Dexcom G4 for over a year now, its an amazing bit of kit and would not be without it now. I get over 3 weeks from each sensor. I don't use any tape, I put sensors in my arm and use Skin Tac to secure them in place.
chas how do you order them? the god of amazon says no....

Lisbet

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I know I'm a bit 'late' responding to this, but I use Opsite Flexifix for my Dexcom sensors - it's totally brilliant. Available via Amazon - about £7 I think, but will last ages. I have kept mine on for nearly 3 weeks with this tape. I use the 10cm x 1m size - it needs to be wide enough to cut it in a single piece, then cut a hole in the centre for the transmitter to peep through!