Shoes

fats1964

I am really struggling to wear any shoes, that do not leave feeling numb painful feet and toes, i have just had to pack in work, to try and sort myself but am so weak and achy

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
See if you can get an appointment with your local NHS podiatry team [diabetics can self-refer]. In the meantime try to wear shoes which are wide enough, fasten on and are not too big. I'm currently wearing a pair of BHS loafers [don't fasten on] which are generously sized and amazingly comfortable. [ and didn't cost much either.!
I spend a fair time in the gym each week and wear good quality trainers. My current pair are by Nike and I bought them in a sports shop, where the assistant knew about fitting.
Hana

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I can recommend Hotter shoes, really comfortable and they come in wide fitting too (no I don't work for them). They can be expensive but they have a hidden section on their website of factory clearance where they sell many of their shoes at half price.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Denise.
thanks for the info on the Hotter Outlet. I've looked at their shoes and love some of the styles, but they are above my budget. Unfortunately some of their styles simply don't fit my awkwardd shape feet. I was surprised when I found the inexpensive BHS shoes fitted so well, and they are leather. My loafers are metallic colour and go eith everything.
Hana

fats1964

I have emailed Hotters

I do need some with very soft soles and heel, even docmartens are too solid now,
I should wear steel toe caps for work, if i ever goback but as the toe cap is fixed, they become very painful to wear, as there is no movement, my toes are partly numb and with pains from neuropathy, makes it worse.

I shall see if I can self refer as someone put earlier.

I dont like to give in but im so fatigued and lifeless i feel 78 not 48 nothing against 78 year olds or anyone in fact

SewK8

Hello
I really struggle with shoes too. I have found sketchers to be quite good but everything hurts really. I have had. 7 operations on my feet and would love to wear 'normal' shoes but need a very deep shoe with limited flex.
Good luck in your search

Kat

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App