side effect of insulin

grandadpaul

I have been on insulin fro only two months, but while I was on oral medication ( Metformin & Glicicide ) I enjoyed long walks, but since starting on insulin I have found I could only walk 200metres before muscle pain (Thighs and Buttocks) forced be to stop and rest.

Has anyone else experienced this side effect?

REGARDS Grandadpaul

Sabantha

I suffer terrible muscle pain, but I have yet to get cause of it. I've been back to doctor several times but there seems to be no explanation, but surely at 26 years old I shouldn't be struggling with the stairs.

One if the things mentioned to me was vitamin d deficiency, I take vit d daily now prescribed by doctor but no change in pain (sad face)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
grandadpaul said:
I have been on insulin fro only two months, but while I was on oral medication ( Metformin & Glicicide ) I enjoyed long walks, but since starting on insulin I have found I could only walk 200metres before muscle pain (Thighs and Buttocks) forced be to stop and rest.

Has anyone else experienced this side effect?

REGARDS Grandadpaul

Hi!

Do you inject Lantus insulin? Some folk experience symptoms like yours with Lantus.

bbknyk

Insulin side effects among diabetics are rare, but when they do occur, allergic reactions can be severe and can pose a significant risk to health.If you experience mild allergic reactions such as swelling, itching or redness around the injection site, experts advise diabetics to consult their GPs. Similarly, sustained nausea and vomiting are signs of insulin allergy.When taking insulin, diabetics are advised by experts to regularly check blood glucose levels using testing kits.If blood glucose tests show fluctuating or above-average blood sugar levels, diabetes is not being properly controlled and insulin is not working.When taking insulin, try to avoid infection by using disposable needles and syringes, and sterilizing any reusable equipment.
For more info: [link removed]

este

I've been injecting for twelve years and have been known to wake up with terrible leg pains in the middle of the night - I'm only 19 so I was a bit worried and they were different to growing pains. However these have faded over time, I suppose my body must be getting used to the insulin. If you get really bad cramps eat something salty like crisps, I've found this really helps.