Anger

Nikki1111

I have just been reading on here about anger being related to diabetes. I have type 2 and I have a very bad temper and when I do let go, I want to scream and shouted and have such rage. I was wondering if this is linked to being diabetic or if its just my temper. Anyone feel this same? I have always had a bad temper when I get angry so i'm not sure if it is related?

carraway

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
I was a bad tempered old witch long before I was 'blessed' with diabetes. It made no difference to me.

Cara

Reactions: 2 people

Parselmouth

I get bad tempered as well, and last year managed to completely destroy a friendship that had been very precious to me because I couldn't contain it. I don't know that the diabetes caused the anger, I was pretty irritable a lot of the time before that, but I do think that since I was diagnosed I have experienced more mood swings due to fluctuating blood sugar levels. May be the menopause of course, I believe that messes with your head as well.

All fun and games. :( :cry:

Mongoose39uk

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sprouts
I was given a road cone with "Grumpy Old Git" written on it a couple of Christmases ago, I think that may answer the question.

este

I think if my blood sugar is high or low it really affects my temper. Tends to come out worst on people closer to me but considering I'm not naturally aggressive with other people it does surprise me at times and in the early stages of my relationship I really had to explain to my boyfriend although he was understanding. It is a very frustrating disease and anger can stem from lots of things like an unsuccessful hospital appointment, a bad reading or feeling unwell. I just like to think of it as I have a lot more to put up with than some people so although I try my best to remain cheerful if I get angry I don't let it get me down too much.

qbix

Yep, I was so bad tempered at the end of last year (just before diagnosis) that my in laws actually wanted to leave the house and go back to New Zealand early. If my BS is too high for too long I go a bit mental. I have always been a bit grumpy anyway, but the diabetes can accentuate it.

Before diagnosis I felt total rage almost every day, pure uncontrollable rage. I am pretty introverted and as a consequence didn't think I was projecting it too much, just trying to keep it all inside, but failed miserably. Since starting insulin, and going through a course of anti depressants and counselling I am doing much better, but I have realised that I need to keep busy to stop myself from stewing.

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
I get told that I get a bit short, snappy and sarcastic.

I don't notice it happening

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
I dont think I am a particularly angry person by nature, grumpy occasionally but not angry....

Until:

I ring a company to be put on hold and am then presented with a list of options that are totally useless and unrelated to my call :roll: Its made worse nowadays as you are no doubt calling a premium rate number and paying for the privilege of being messed about and put on hold.

Errrrr sorry rant over I'm OK now :D

Patch13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Changes in blood sugar definitely make me grumpy and angry. It's annoying as at the time I don't realise I am behaving irrationally but afterwards there is lots of apologising! Luckily my husband understands (most of the time!) that's it is due to some change in my sugar levels.

lacey1

i think anger and diabetes do go hand in hand before the onset of diabetes my hubby was extremely chilled out and layed back most of the time but now and when he was poorly before diagnosed he is quick to anger and at times a right victor meldrew lol

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Today I have been out with my lovely husband . Had a few drinks etc and got really hot on the bus home. Had to try really hard not to scream at him when he went on and on about me looking hot and sweaty and how I should do something to control it . I am a 48 yr old woman who gets too hot really easy , I love him but he does not have a clue ...crabbit. .oh yes lol