Question regarding the best ingredients to use.

Durthic

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Thanks Andy!

I thought the nutritional information was an especially good idea, that way anyone could see what the base recipe has in it and would know whether to avoid it, or maybe they could see a way that they could adjust it to suit them.

I might have to have a think about how I'm going to let you all get access to the recipes. I could set up a website, or I could do a PDF with them all in. Hmmm, much thinking will have to go into that. I'll be starting with a couple of sausages tomorrow tested in pattie form (I use natural casings as a habit, but they can easily be swapped out for man made collagen casings without any problems), so i'll get some readings and verdict on those to begin with.

Carbdodger

Great thread. Loving it!! But will love the products even more.
Can I volunteer for an official taster role please? No fee required. Just lots of samples. First in queue I think.
Cd

Durthic

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Carbdodger said:
Great thread. Loving it!! But will love the products even more.
Can I volunteer for an official taster role please? No fee required. Just lots of samples. First in queue I think.
Cd

Haha, well if you're in the Aberdeen area then I would happily arrange something!

On a side note, I've just thought up an easy way (but not necessarily cheap) to make some dry aged sausages, burgers, and meatballs. Mind you, I'm drooling at the thought of a 45 day dry aged burger (which you can't legally get in the UK at least from a commercial butcher!)

I'll have to investigate that one for sure! :twisted:

Durthic

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Ok, I have put my first recipe up on the site!

It's not a sausage, but it'll be a good base to work from as far as developing a sausage recipe goes (I'm just waiting on getting a sausage press for at home, so that'll hopefully be in the new year once Christmas is out of the way).

You can see the recipe for Classic Steak Burger & Meatballs here! I'll also add in links in the first post to save you having to trawl through the thread for them :)