Goodness direct let my son down

Brandon1*

I have been waiting for a advent calendar for my son ordered it last Tuesday night phoned Monday to see when it was being delivered told the next day or two phoned this morning to see when it would be delivered told today phoned when I came home from work incase I had missed them only to be told it wasn't being delivered today it was on hold a lady then rung me back 15mins later to tell me they are out of stock now I have to tell my son he can not have a advent calendar and it is his first Christmas since he as been diagnosed he only 10 to late ti get him one anywhere else. Thank a lot goodness direct

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Re: Goodness direct let my son down

Why are you getting aone from goodness direct? is he lactose intolerant?

WhitbyJet

Would you trust me with your address? If so send it to me via PM, I will send you the sugarfree advent calendar, we happen to have one spare.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors

WhitbyJet said:
Would you trust me with your address? If so send it to me via PM, I will send you the sugarfree advent calendar, we happen to have one spare.

ya just keep proving me right ;)

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You need to post 5 times first, then you can send PMs

Nice work though WJ!

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

Why are you doing that to your kid? just give him a normal one!!! how to segrigate your child made easy....

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

well I can count three so far so only two to go.

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.

Hi Brandon, there was a small problem with your user permissions (not your fault) but I've fixed it for you and you should now be able to send private messages :)

WhitbyJet

Brandon1* said:
Thank you but for some reason I can not send pm I don't know why it say I am Nat authorised

Ask Giverney for assistance, you have made enough posts to be able to send a private message.
I would gladly send that calendar to you x

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people

MrsDMiles said:
My little boy is 3!
Chocolate one here!! 2 carbs per chocolate!! Doesn't effect him!]

No I wouldn't expect it would. Brandon just go out and buy the boy one, the Cadbury's Calender only works out at 2g of carbs per piece.

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

you dont need to just give it to him!!! you are looking at vertually no carbs at all. you wouldnt inject anything for that even if you were and its less likely to give him a bad stomach and tastes a hell of a lot better. What happened to a normal heathy diet for diabetics? Sugar free should be banned.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people

Brandon1* said:
He not carb counting yet it is still early days we on novarapid and lantos at night don't know how to carb count yet

So have you been told just to give fixed doses of Novorapid for now and to eat a set amount of carbs, if so then the chocolate treat in advent calender will do little harm at 2g of carbs.

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods

Brandon1* said:
He not carb counting yet it is still early days we on novarapid and lantos at night don't know how to carb count yet
Have a look at http://www.bdec-e-learning.com/ Bournemouth Diabetes and Endocrine Centre run a diabetes learning programme online (it's FREE) and may help until you get on one of the "face to face" programmes :thumbup:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people

Brandon1* said:
Set novarapid 4 morning 6 afternoon 8 teatime then 12 Lantos at bedtime

Although 2g of carbs will have little effect on his blood glucose I've found in the past that if I wanted a treat the best time to do so was after a main meal, don't forget if in any doubt speak with his diabetes nurse.

MrsDMiles

We carb count and Oscar eats just same as before.. Probably with extra treats to be honest.. I find a small bar of chocolate works well for a snack in between meals obviously not every day!! Kinder surprise his favourite and only 10g,
Couple face book groups for parents are really good. Few thousand members.. Parents of children with type. 1 diabetes.