Help for my Mum

Sylv301264

I was dianosed type to in April 2011 and have been on 4 metformin since Aug this year, I managed mostly to control my levels although like another person on here who's post I was reading was told not to take my own readings, I go to my nurse twice a year and haven't had to many problems apart from my levels very slowly going up, the real reason I have come on here today is that my mum also has type 2 diabetes and has been on insulin for many years now, she is 72 and struggling with it, she recently asked her doctor for some help to which he gave her this web site address and told her come get some information from here, she hasn't got and has never used a computer, I was wondering do you send out support packs with like diet information and things on, I don't think i'd ever get her on a computer and I live to far away to be of any great help to her even though I do try, i'd really apreciate some help here, many thanks

2christine

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
hi, your mum might surprize you, if you bought her a little lap top.it would open a whole new world for her.
I have taught a 98 year old lady how to use one, plus many more. I may be only able to use one finger myself but many elderly people have skills just waiting to make use off.
I know its a worry that she might get ripped of but what a joy for her to Skype you or to google travel, down a street she knew as a child, or find good pals on this site.
ps there are a lot of computers given away for ederly people to use, plus local library will teach or know who will, free of charge.