stillo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
not been able to walk
Good Evenening all

i really don't know where to begin with this one as i have had excellent advise from many people on these forums with regards to my high sugar but this time things are very serious, i have as people will be aware been told on numerous occasion that my Hab1c is within range at 7.3 down from 9 and i don't really have a problem with that what i do have a problem with is that all my readings are extremely high for me i can never get them below 12 and as high as 20.3. my fasting this morning was 17.8

On the 13th of October i presented my self at A&E with stage 5 hypertension 209-130 and the reason i presented my self was that i completely lost my balance and i did not regain it for 12 Hours i could not see straight my head was pounding and i felt sick, the reason i am telling you this is that they did a CAT scan of my head and they found i had had a Stroke not a massive one but one i am very worried about nonetheless, this stroke is what they call a Lacunar Infarction and apparently i had it awhile ago so it is an old injury, my concern is that my Diabetes nurse does not seem to understand how worried i am and only tells me to have another Hba1c in 4 months and has no concern about my high spikes.

my Question after all this is should i be worried? or am i being overly cautious, i have an appointment with a Cardiologist next Wednesday and i am hoping he may take over control of my Diabetes treatment, i am currently taking 4 different blood pressure medications and Gliclazide and Pravastatin that have not yet lowered my blood pressure or glucose level enough and i am taking a cholesterol medication that still has my cholesterol at 7.2, please someone help me to make them understand that i think that this now needs some proper treatment as i so far have been unsuccessful, thanks for taking the time to read this post

Regards
Stillo

C

catherinecherub

Hi stillo,

Sorry to hear about your recent stroke.
There is some information here,
http://www.drugs.com/health-guide/lacunar-stroke.html

You need to get your blood pressure down and your blood sugars. Easier said than done and the cardiologist will help with the BP. and cholesterol. I doubt very much that he will intervene in your diabetes management as it is not his expertise. As you are under so much stress, which will increase your blood sugars, I would ask if he can write to your G.P. and ask him to refer you to an Endocrinologist. Some G.P.'s are reluctant to do this for Type2 patients and his letter would help.

I hope your appointment goes well and I also hope that other forum members can offer advice at this difficult time for you.

Take care,

CC.

stillo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
not been able to walk
Hi Catherinecherub

I am under no stress whatsoever i am as cool as a cucumber, i have requested an appointment with the community diabetes team in Leeds and they refused to see me, i asked my GP to refer me to an endocrinologist and he said no, i asked to be referred privately and he said no, so the only thing i can do is sit back and let it keep rising until it gets to a point where they start to get worried or i make a complaint which by the way i do not want to do yet, thank you for your reply it is very much appreciated

Stillo