i need your help

megansargent2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
hi, i am 15 years old and am living with type 1 diabetes. i have had the disease for a total of 13 years and find it extremely difficult to manage. what i would like anyone's help with is for you to describe diabetes in one word- any word. i would say 'life' , because it is my life, i cant get away from it, if i try to it makes it worse. anyway if you could help me with this it would be brilliant, i am doing an art project and would love to hear honest views on the disease :) thank you!!!!

JANROU

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Commitment because that's what we all need to have in order to be in control. Hope your project goes well

czj

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Discipline - because that's what it takes to stay healthy.

or maybe
Choice - as every moment I have the choice between health & well-being and self-destruction.

(And sorry to hear you are finding it difficult to manage. I was diagnosed a long time ago, aged 11, and I think diabetes was simpler then. Hope things improve for you)

Thundercat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
After many years and a lot of rage and rebellion against it a word I cam finally use is
Acceptance

It is startling how much easier I find the whole kit and caboodle now that I have accepted it as part of who I am

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

2131tom

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hope .......

That if I can do as the other members who have posted on here (and countless others of you) have done, it will keep me well.

And, at the very back of my mind, hope that someone, somewhere will come up soon with much better remedies, or maybe, just maybe, the Holy Grail of a cure.