blood glucose monitoring diary / printout

kasabian

Hi everyone, I hope you can help.

I'm looking for some kind of blood glucose monitoring diary that I might be able to find online and printout, so that I can write my blood glucose results in. I usually get given a booklet by my diabetic doctor, but my next appointment isn't for another few months.

Does anyone know if there's one I can download and print out? I mean, I can always make one myself on the computer I suppose...but if there's a ready made one, then that would be great!

thanks!! :oops:

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Welcome to the forum,Kasabian (any relation to the pop star?)

What kind of monitor do you have? I use One Touch and you can download their software.Check your monitor instruction booklet for a website.There is also one you can download to a mobile.(There is a link to that somewhere on the forum)

Knowledge is the key to control

kasabian

Hello, thanks for the replies!!!! :D

"Kasabian", yes it's reference to the rock band. But I'm no representative or relation of the band I'm afraid. :(

My blood monitor is 'Medisense Optium Xceed'. It doesn't look like they have a working website, let alone any downloadable software. [:0]

That sugarstat thing looks interesting. I'm going to look into it further right now...

thankyou very much.8)

kasabian

hey I like this sugarstats thing! this will certainly make things a bit more interesting. Checking your blood sugar levels can be really boring. But this, ehh, it's like having a new toy.

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Hi Kasabian,

Your monitor is made by Lifescan, which is part of the US drug conglomerate Johnson & Johnson. Here is a link to their website
http://www.lifescaneurope.com/uk/

kasabian

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by SarahQ</i>
<br />http://www.abbottdiabetescare.co.uk/ try this site there looks as if some signs of life on it :D

------------------------
Type 1 on insulin for 43 years,No complications
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

oh..thankyou, there seems to be a printable monitoring diary on there!

I just have one question about this 'sugarstats'. Do people just print it out and take it to their doctors? do the doctors like this and accept it? or would they just prefer the old fashioned monitoring book in front of them?

jayjay

Type of diabetes
Type 1
in my experience they absolutely love it as it shows you are taking this thing seriously!

Buachaille

Dislikes
Blondes with small...................................
If you have a spreadsheet (excel, lotus or whatever) you can easily key in the readings to create a timeseries. If you monitor on a fixed time basis you can also key in the results according to the stream and plot the information to show the relationship between each stream. It is also informative to plot the trend lines which indicate how you are performing against your chosen benchmark.

I test twice a day, pre-breakfast and pre-eveing meal. I have set the levels in the graph to show the range between 4 and 6 which is the target I wish to achieve, I have linear marks at 6.5 and 7, the upper levels that personally I do not wish to exceed. I plot the morning and evening readings separately and as a single series together with the daily average and the trend *******ysis for each data stream.

If nothing else its good for the morale and lets you see what is happening over time rather than just looking at numbers in a diary. It also helps you focus on what has been eaten in the period before the test is taken. I am now down below 6 for both daily readings only 7 months since the nasty diagnosis. Saw the Doc this afternoon and she is well pleased - so am I, but its hard work.

david200110

Does anyone know where I can find / buy a diary which I can <i>write</i> the records in? I have One Touch Ultra 2, which does not include a record diary, and the software but my printer never works so I would be unable to take a printout to the diabetes nurse or doctor.

thanks

david

Whitevanman

Hi Kasaiban.
If you have a Accu-Chek meter there free from there web site, also a computer program to download the info from your machine to your computer, also all the equipment you need to do this is free.
Whitevanman.

manofkent99

Hi, Folks
I read the recent contribution from Bauchaille (29.01.08) with interest since he/she is doing just what I have been doing for the past two and a half years, since I was diagnosed Type II.
I test every third day and record both my BG data and also my BMI values. The two things that are particularly important to me are the trends in both my BG and, since I am over weight, my BMI but also to know (and record) why a particular reading is at bit or a lot higher than expected. It is pretty soul destroying to be doing all the right things and find that the BG has suddenly shot up. If you know that yesterday you had rather more white bread than normal and the next BG and BMI are high, it’s not so bad and you are less likely to become depressed.
Both my doctor and diabetic nurse have always shown great interest in my recorded data. Initially I was prescribed diet control and metformin, which combination had a moderate effect on my BG but when Gliclazide was added to the prescription the effect was quite dramatic, was clearly shown on the data-plot.
I would urge anyone who has a personal computer and a working knowledge of spreadsheets to build their own system. Not only does it keep your record in the way that is most useful to you, but also increases the interest and awareness of cause and effect.
Best wishes to all.

coylie

What i done was logged my results for a week then transfered them into excel and propagated a line gragh to see what on average my BG was doing through out the day. :idea: