Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
Yorksman said:
Andy12345 said:
thommo did your tongue always poke out because I only just noticed it? lol

Looks like he's been at the blueberries.

mmmm! yum! I love blueberries with cream or greek yoghurt :D

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
WhitbyJet said:
Dinner; Aubergine bake with Focaccia to mop up the sauce - DELISH

Everything home made and low carb of course

How do you do a low carb focaccia? Do you make it with whole grain flour?

WhitbyJet

Yorksman said:
WhitbyJet said:
Dinner; Aubergine bake with Focaccia to mop up the sauce - DELISH

Everything home made and low carb of course

How do you do a low carb focaccia? Do you make it with whole grain flour?

No flour in it, I got the recipe from a Swedish book, Baka matbröd med LCHF, anyone who would like to have the recipe just sent me a PM with your email address, for copyright reasons I cant post it in the open forum, silly really isnt it?

K

Kat100

Wheetabix with almond milk

Soup carrot homemade....bread roll
Fruit

Homemade flapjack no sugar....(been busy today)

To night it's pasta bake.....a balanced day I hope...:)

B

badcat

B scrambled eggs & smoked salmon
L home made celery soup with 1 slice lower carb seeded bread & peanut butte
D home made Thai chicken & mushroom curry with shirataki noodles
S Greek yogurt with raspberries

spikey123

Just by chance I happened upon the Newcastle University site that had been doing research into diabetes. They suggested that A very low calorie diet for 8 weeks could reverse Diabetes type 2. Each day for the last 6 weeks I have had.....3 slim fast milkshakes with almond milk, I salad at lunchtime and cooked veg for tea. I have lost 2 stones in 6 weeks and my blood sugar has gone down to 4.7 . Another lovely idea is to use cooked creamed cauliflower instead of mashed potato. I have 2 weeks left of the diet now and my doctor says all my blood and urine tests are normal none diabetic as is my blood pressure. It takes a lot of willpower. I actually went to Italy half way in and they were having a beer festival!!! I didn't have a drop. Hopefully I will reintroduce healthy food after the 8 weeks.

BarbaraMc

sandysan said:
hi i am also classed ans a new diabetic yesterday ,, i reaaly dont know what to eat ,, just fruit and veg how boring and i dont like fruit or veg much i hav never eaten a lot of it ,, last night what i eat i didnt like it is vvery confusing what to eat
Sandysan - are you vegetarian ? There's no protein mentioned in your post, which is quite important. If you don't eat meat or fish, you need to look for other proteins, ie pulses, eggs, cheese in acceptable amounts. Vegetables also include salads, which can be widely varied and very nutritional. And sweet potatoes can replace the usual high carb ones.
With regard to fruits, some are better than others for Diabetics, so it's a bit trial and error, really. I personally find that bananas give me a serious sugar spike, but not everyone does. On the other hand, I can get away with strawberries, plums, grapes, in reasonable quantities, with no problems, and again fruits are so varied. The majority of fruits have sugar, in varying amounts, so it's best not to overdo them. Berries tend to have lower sugar than other fruits.
To add to the original question, I generally have eggs for breakfast, often with toast or in a roll, and usually boil another at the same time to take to work for when boredom gets the better of me.
Lunch is often vegetable sticks (carrot, courgette, celery, cauliflower, peppers, radish, cucumber . . .) with a tasty dip, Ryvitas with cooked meat or cheese, and tomato/cucumber, or a Caesar salad with cooked chicken, prawns or salmon. Occasional yoghurt, low-carb or unsweetened variety, or natural with added fruit etc.
Dinner is normally meat or fish and 2-3 veg, but I do have 1-2 new potatoes, and often a small dessert.
On the other hand, I still sometimes have Lasagne or other pasta, just need to watch what you put with it.
I found that once I got into a routine, it didn't seem so hard, and is only boring if I let it be. I do cheat from time to time, but found it better to get the BS under control first, so I know when I can bend the rules !
Good Luck !

Dave_G

Nice thread and interesting read.

Having just been told I'm Type 2 last week, they have me on metformin 500mg x 1 for this week, 2 x next then 3 x week three. But found this forum so as to get idea of what to eat and what not to. Seems such a big change I'm going to be making and having people post their food intake is great help for ideas and understanding.

Cheers
Dave

K

Kat100

Breakfast, alpen with almond milk, orange juice, warm water..

Lunch, homemade lentil and tomato soup with seeded bread and an apple...

One biscuit short bread....

Bean and veg hotpot, with potatoes....
A yogurt, a ww one....
2 squares green blacks chocolate 70%

Failed to walk today, must do extra tomorrow....

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
Breakfast...2 rashers of bacon, 1 fried egg and some mushrooms. Half a slice of Burgen bread spread with butter.
Lunch....tinned tuna in spring water which I mixed with mayonnaise, served on a bed of lettuce with 4 cherry tomatoes, 2 slices of orange pepper, cucumber, a few olives and some Parmesan shavings.
Dinner..... Roast Chicken breast wrapped in prosciutto, cauliflower mash, cabbage and broccoli, followed by 2 small poached plums with Greek yogurt.
No snacks, none needed! Lots of glasses of water, 4 cups of tea.
Exercise.....4 mile walk this morning with my dog and another 2 this evening, plus usual housework and shopping :). Not bad for an "oldie" ;)

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
Forgot to say Welcome Dave! Enjoy the forum ;)

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Breakfast was weight watchers fromage freigh , blue berries and spoon ful of organic muesli.
Rich tea biscuit at 11.
Lunch was African spicy veg soup , slice of brown bread and berries etc as had at breakfast.
Rich tea at 3
Dinner was carrots , broccoli , 2 small potatoes and chicken in a sauce.
Had mini milky way at supper time ... finding no chocolate hard so had a treat.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
Had mini milky way at supper time ... finding no chocolate hard so had a treat.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App[/quote

Yes Jamrox, I know that feeling well! Some evenings I have a square of chocolate, (85% cocoa) which seems to satisfy me. However the need is getting less.........until I see and smell milk chocolate :( lol.