why on earth would i be told to eat fruit

m_cooper

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
i'm sick of diabetes cant see the point in eating myself,so i'm going 2 just have some porridge in morning and half a slice of toast at night.i'm on metformin and the neuropathy is driving me insane along with peripheral vascular disease

2christine

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
it seems lifes a ***** when you are in pain, and I'm sorry its getting you down, I can see you have been on this site a long time, have a look at some of the old posts and get you mojo back lol, you have been a inspiration, try and keep it up please.

m_cooper

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
oh in the end game now,meant 2 be going to hospital in january,dont think i'll bother though its a lost cause,now if they would amputate my legs and left arm maybe.get burning in my arms and legs eating dry toast so i dont see the point,neuropathy at nite is a pain and thats putting it mildly

PhilT

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
m_cooper said:
i'm sick of diabetes cant see the point in eating myself,so i'm going 2 just have some porridge in morning and half a slice of toast at night.i'm on metformin and the neuropathy is driving me insane along with peripheral vascular disease

Porridge and toast at least as bad as fruit.

Have bacon and egg for breakfast.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Yes, toast and porridge are best avoided. I have egg and bacon for breakfast and go for meat, fish including fat as well as small quantities of fruit that isn't too sugary. Have you discussed with the GP having further meds beyond Metformin? If your blood sugar stays high then there are several injectables including insulin which can deal with that. Do you have a glucose meter? What was you last HBa1C test result? If you let us have more information we may be able to make further suggestions to help.