Freestyle Insulinx Smart Meter

kelaarts

Hi everyone,

Recently been given one of these 'smart' meters and wondering whether anyone else is using one?

When testing it asks you how many carbs you are about to eat and then suggests a dose.

The finger pricker is better as it only needs a tiny amount of blood and you have a minute to keep adding it.

Be interested to know how others are getting on with it

Thanks
Sean

SimonClifford

Binned the Insulix in favour of the Accuchek-Aviva. It was unusable because you had to refer to your DSN for a "password" to adjust anything useful. The Roche effort, in comparison, allows an (intelligent) user to adapt & adjust anything. It'll take you a month or two, but it's well worth the effort.
Tell Roche you've got an Insulix & they'll be pleased to send an Aviva (the money's in the test strips).

kelaarts

Thanks for that Simon. I did get the password in case I wanted to change anything. The only thing I have an issue with is when entering the number of carbs. Why it doesn't just go up in 5s?

Glen

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes, DIY, winter,
You can change the carb input to from grams to portions. Much quicker way of entering your carb serving.

straygaijin

Binned the Insulix in favour of the Accuchek-Aviva. It was unusable because you had to refer to your DSN for a "password" to adjust anything useful. The Roche effort, in comparison, allows an (intelligent) user to adapt & adjust anything. It'll take you a month or two, but it's well worth the effort.
Tell Roche you've got an Insulix & they'll be pleased to send an Aviva (the money's in the test strips).

A 30 second google will tell you what the password is for the meter - it's the same password for all of them. I did play with the settings but tend not to use it and use the Freestyle Lite in preference (same strips).