Been naughty

A

AnnieC

I have been really naughty today. Had lunch at The Harvester and I had their cauliflower cheese and tomato tart it was gorgeous but not got a clue how many carbs it had. It is served with french beans and new potatoes of which there were 7 really quite large ones on my plate I ate 3 of them I couldn't resist them but I could easily have eaten more of them as I do love them. Was no way I was going to test after that. At least I never have a dessert when I eat out so not completely bad

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I too have been totally naughty, properly for the first time since being diagnosed.
One of the major suppliers to our company was coming in today and had already said that they were bringing Pizzas. I made myself a nice healthy lunch, but when I got to work only 4 out of 12 of my department had turned up for work and we couldn't cancel the supplier visit. Aware that it would look bad if only 3 people ate the pizza, I caved in. 3 slices, and a carb headache later, I have re-thought my plan to be naughty on christmas day. Naughty food makes me feel drunk, and not in a good way!

MrVanilla

MFP reckons there is 83g of carbs in that meal of which sugars 12g. It's not had any confirmations though but it wouldn't surprise me if those figures were roughly correct. :)

VinnyJames

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The Harvester meal is 83.3g of carbs minus the potatoes you didn't eat so maybe 60 or 70?

If its only once in a while am sure it won't hurt too much!

Beaten too it I see lol...............

VinnyJames

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Mr Vanilla,

Have you bought the Collings Gem calorie/carb counter and if so how does it compare to the app?

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
i have my Christmas night out this evening. I ordered before I was diagnosed so dread to think how much sugar and carbs I will eat. I am not sure how well I will feel tomorrow

VinnyJames

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ring the restaurant now and just ask if you can change the order due to health reasons.
They will generally be accommodating.
Have a good night!!!

A

AnnieC

MrVanilla said:
MFP reckons there is 83g of carbs in that meal of which sugars 12g. It's not had any confirmations though but it wouldn't surprise me if those figures were roughly correct. :)

Not sure what MFP is. I am prediabetic and not doing very low carb just reducing them a bit

MrVanilla

VinnyJames said:
Mr Vanilla,

Have you bought the Collings Gem calorie/carb counter and if so how does it compare to the app?

I haven't to be honest chap, though I do find MFP to be fairly accurate (particularly for restaurant meals and stuff you buy at the supermarket).

AnnieC said:
MrVanilla said:

Not sure what MFP is. I am prediabetic and not doing very low carb just reducing them a bit

Hi Annie, MFP is MyFitnessPal, check it out at http://www.myfitnesspal.com free to use and very useful for anyone monitoring their carb intake.

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If it's confession time, I've eaten a mince pie (Heston's waitrose ones) twice this week.

Very tasty, and more to come.

@luceloo, I get the same slightly drunk light headedness when I go high as well. Been working on my ratios since DAFNE last week and not quite got it where I need it yet

nannyani1

Im naughty all the time and dont carb count. Dont get me wrong in the last few weeks since i was diagnosed ive changed my diet so much but because i have so many complex health problems ive had a bad diet for quite some time because i take large amounts of morphine. So ive seen the hospital dietition who had me in tears and vowing to stop all my treatment and give up, i was seeing my dsn afterwards and she came and found me and talked me around. Now my bgls are down to a normal ish level and because i eat small portions anyway my insulin deals with my diabetes with a little help from me, so im able to have he some of the nice things like mince pies within reason. Im keeping my fingers crossed that this will be a permanent thing and no carb counting!

Good luck to all those that do carb count, it looks complicated and dont think i have brains to manage it myself xxx