Breakfast :)

boomboom

Hello
I have G diabetes for second time and I'm finding it a lot harder to control then before. Any ideas on a filing breakfast that isn't going to send my blood through the roof?
Thankies :)

Picci

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Bacon, scrambled egg both of which are literally carb free! Throw in some grilled mushrooms, mmmmm! If you eat toast try Burgen bread available in most supermarkets, 1 slice is around 10 carbs and is low GI. Stay well away from any cereals, they are all full of carbs and sugars and cause many control problems. Try a natural yogurt and add a little fresh fruit. Good luck, I'm sure you'll get loads of suggestions. X

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people

boomboom

Thank you x breakfast is my worst reading of the day. Today its was 8.0 and I had water, low fat yog and low gi toast .... what did I do wrong today. I'm only 19 weeks so need to get that hang of it :)

hels

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
When pregnant I hardly ate bread and never at breakfast as it would spike my sugars. Breakfast was usually an omelette with mushrooms, cheese. I'd sometimes have a ryvita

Debsy22

My bg levels have been consistently high after breakfast since march and this morning I had 1 slice of seeded bread toasted and scrambled egg and my reading was.......7.8 one hour after so a big woohoo for me. But other than that everything seems to send it sky high and I'm also taking 20 units of nova rapid with lt too :-/ hope you find something that works for you x

cindya

I may sound rather daft with all of this but with my last baby it wasn't nearly as bad as this little tinker :)

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
your profile says you are male, yet you have had babies?
A miracle of medical science or a typo!

C

catherinecherub

They also state that they are controlled by diet only and yet they are a Type1.
Another spammer.

saretta

Some days I make myself a low carb pancake, which hardly has any effect on my BG. For one pancake these are the ingredients i use.
1 tablespoon coconut flour (not shredded coconut, it's proper flour)
1 egg
a bit of coconut milk
a few drops of liquid stevia.
whisk everything until it forms a liquid cream (you might have to add coconut milk or a bit of water, the coconut flour is very absorbent), then ladle into pan as per normal pancake, flip over and voila'. It's VERY filling.

richard256

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being on call
Some days I make myself a low carb pancake, which hardly has any effect on my BG. For one pancake these are the ingredients i use.
1 tablespoon coconut flour (not shredded coconut, it's proper flour)
1 egg
a bit of coconut milk
a few drops of liquid stevia.
whisk everything until it forms a liquid cream (you might have to add coconut milk or a bit of water, the coconut flour is very absorbent), then ladle into pan as per normal pancake, flip over and voila'. It's VERY filling.
T

richard256

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being on call
THAT SOUNDS GOOD BREAKFASTS,WILL GET ROUND TO SAINSBOS TOMORO AND GET THE INGREDIENTS.THANKS RICHARD

houghtdj

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have cereal every now and then thinking I am being good and always felt a bit weird afterwards. Gonna try coconut milk with it and see if it helps

Amethyst8

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hello
I have G diabetes for second time and I'm finding it a lot harder to control then before. Any ideas on a filing breakfast that isn't going to send my blood through the roof?
Thankies :)
Try Cinnamon with porridge,that is if you like it. Put half a teaspoon in your Tea if you like it with milk or not.& check your sugar after 2 hours.

Amethyst8

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I have cereal every now and then thinking I am being good and always felt a bit weird afterwards. Gonna try coconut milk with it and see if it helps
Coconut milk is very good for the body,this was used in Asian countries in all their cuisines.you can dilute it with water (little bit) depend on your taste..Check the sugar count in them.if you like porridge & use Cinnamon then it will be ok too,you don't feel weird with oats,keep you feeling good until lunch,try it & see,also try sprinkling with bit of Cinnamon in your tea. Hope this helps..

Last edited by a moderator: