Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
Liked the preview - love the new forum.
Just one question ...
How do you find the first unread post in a thread?
The page number appears above the first post on a page, and below the last post on a page. On the left of the numbers, there's a 'Go to First Unread' button - I think that's what you meant! If not, let me know :)

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
:p :chicken: ( Chicken is the nearest I can get to Archie my lovely African Grey.)
As long as you don't substitute him for turkey! And the closest to stuffing a nice meal of his favourite fruits, nuts and seeds.
A merry first Christmas of many to you both!

Reactions: 5 people

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Im still a little bit lost on new forum but i like it. and i love those :dummy1::clown::D:blackeye::borg::brb::cat::chicken:

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My tesco Hudl "play store aps still says that DCKU Forum is currently under maintenance, then it tries Connecting to server( little wheel keeps going round)". it works ok when using chrome on the hudl. this is just for your info as I have my lap top which I mostly use.

The only other slight problem I think I have is " how do I find the group of topics that I have participated in"

Thanks and it is so much better, well done everybody.

Roy :)

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
My tesco Hudl "play store aps still says that DCKU Forum is currently under maintenance, then it tries Connecting to server( little wheel keeps going round)". it works ok when using chrome on the hudl. this is just for your info as I have my lap top which I mostly use.

The only other slight problem I think I have is " how do I find the group of topics that I have participated in"

Thanks and it is so much better, well done everybody.

Roy :)
Yeah we're currently waiting for the latest build of the app to be approved by Google. Hopefully it shouldn't be any more than a few hours.

You should be able to find previous contributions here: http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/members/izzzi.45094/#postings

carraway

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
What is the difference between New Posts and Recent posts? ( I am expecting a blindingly obvious answer here)
I need a quick way to keep up to date with what is going on and I would always head for this on the old forum

Cara.
I need an avatar now....

Reactions: 3 people

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
What is the difference between New Posts and Recent posts? ( I am expecting a blindingly obvious answer here)
I need a quick way to keep up to date with what is going on and I would always head for this on the old forum

Cara.
I need an avatar now....

recent posts seem to include posts youve seen or opened where as new posts seem to be posts that you havent opened..... i think :)

Reactions: 4 people

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
how do I find the advanced editor for font control and adding the emoticons??

I'm running XP driven IE 8 in this lappy.

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
how do I find the advanced editor for font control and adding the emoticons??
It's all built in to the WYSIWYG editor at the bottom of the page.

5URQE.png

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
It's all built in to the WYSIWYG editor at the bottom of the page.

5URQE.png

It certainly is not to be found at ther bottom of my reply box page ..also what does WYSIWYG stand for?

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
It certainly is not to be found at ther bottom of my reply box page ..also what does WYSIWYG stand for?
Any chance you can send me a screenshot of how it's appearing for you?

WYSIWYG = what you see is what you get

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Whelks,winkles... All crustaceous seafood except prawns. Can't do crab.lobster or scallops.
Don't like the way they are killed and cooked. Save our Scallops. SOS !!!
Also HATE evaporated milk.
As long as you don't substitute him for turkey! And the closest to stuffing a nice meal of his favourite fruits, nuts and seeds.
A merry first Christmas of many to you both!

Thanks Fergus.

I buyJohnson + Jeffs low sunflower parrot mix and top it up with Johnson+ Jeffs fruit,nut and veg mix. He loves it. I don't give him any treats at all. His previous owner gave him Wotsits,Quavers and dog biscuits but I'm not going down that route as I have read a lot on how bad salt is for parrots.

He is a very happy bird and I am a very happy owner who found a really lovely 4 year old African Grey who luckily has taken to me.

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Whelks,winkles... All crustaceous seafood except prawns. Can't do crab.lobster or scallops.
Don't like the way they are killed and cooked. Save our Scallops. SOS !!!
Also HATE evaporated milk.
I like the 'like' function and I also like how my avatar appears in threads I have posted in.

You have all done a fine job !!

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Zolabud.
If he enjoys it, then it's a treat!
Hobs,