Carpal tunnel post op.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi Hopefully you will be able to get some movement in your hand soon, but it is only a few hours since the Op. If you're still concerned tomorrow, probably the best thing to do is to ring the hospital and speak to the department nurse or phone NHS direct.

Good luck and I wish you a healthy and speedy recovery.

Best wishes RRB

H

Hooked

Robinredbreast said:
Hi Hopefully you will be able to get some movement in your hand soon, but it is only a few hours since the Op. If you're still concerned tomorrow, probably the best thing to do is to ring the hospital and speak to the department nurse or phone NHS direct.

Good luck and I wish you a healthy and speedy recovery.

Best wishes RRB

Thanks.
Please to say that movement is starting to return now, it was starting to drive me mad not being able to use my fingers. Made blood testing etc a lot more difficult.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Had carpal done last year, brilliant now! No problems with fingers and pain free, thankfully.
Just be patient and do your finger exercises. It will soon heal.
If they could do something with my severe arthritic thumb! More chips on the rim of the plate than on the middle!

Reactions: 2 people
H

Hooked

nosher8355 said:
Had carpal done last year, brilliant now! No problems with fingers and pain free, thankfully.
Just be patient and do your finger exercises. It will soon heal.
If they could do something with my severe arthritic thumb! More chips on the rim of the plate than on the middle!

Good to hear that.
What finger exercises? They didn't mention anything; nor do I know what I can do or should avoid over the coming weeks. No advice at all and I didn't think about it till I got home.

Got the big bulky bandage off today, just a finer one on now and back to visit the nurse again next week.

m1dpq

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not a great lot.. Jazz, People who think they are better than others..
I wish you all well with your Carpal Tunnel and having your hands working....

I had my right hand done in 2008 and the left done in 2009.. The right hand nerve was partially severed, and took ages to heal and become to where i could use it, but its back to normal and as much use as a chocolate snowball in hell.... in fact both of my hands are the same, i wake with my hands in fists and have to spend an hour soaking them in hot water to get them to release..

The hospital ran more tests but the doppler found problwms unrelated to carpal tunnel, but nothing else was followed up upon..

regards

Peter - M1dpq