Blood Type Poll

Blood Type And Dietary Management????

• Blood Type O - using low carb succesfully?

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Blood Type O - using moderate carb successfully?

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Blood Type O - using high carb successfully?

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Blood Type A - using low carb successfully?

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Blood Type A - using moderate carb successfully?

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Blood Type A - using high carb successfully?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blood Type B - using low carb successfully?

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Blood Type B - using moderate carb successfully?

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Blood Type B - using high carb successfully?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble

Trinkwasser

Would be interesting to see definitions of low and moderate carb and also "success". Also how many of the high carbers were on insulin.

Thirsty

Trinkwasser, I'd say that jem's study only shows that the majority of type 2s who bothered to respond choose to follow a moderately low carb diet and do fairly well.

*SHRUG*

Works for me.

Jem

Dislikes
People that feel just because diabates is a life-threatening "illness" it should be treated with kid gloves and nobody is allowed to have a laugh. My humour got me through abuse, near death experiences, serious and debilitating illnesses and lifelong pain and deformity - why give up the thing that works??
To be fair, guv, it's a fair cop - the "study" wouldn't stand up in butter, let alone court, just something I was interested in ... if it was going to be serious, then I'd probably need to quantify diabetic type, carbs by grammes, last hba1c as a ~"control" as well as making available all possible blood group variations (of which I understand there to be more than 20) ... so probably not "do-able" under the non-controlled circumstances of a forum, but it was vaguely interesting anyhow ;)

Cheers all xxx

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
This has all been fascinating, but i think we should also have added T1 or T2 and control method.
Jem you could get a whole spreadsheet out of this lot.

Jem

Dislikes
People that feel just because diabates is a life-threatening "illness" it should be treated with kid gloves and nobody is allowed to have a laugh. My humour got me through abuse, near death experiences, serious and debilitating illnesses and lifelong pain and deformity - why give up the thing that works??
Yep, the type of diabetes would've helped greatly ... and if I'd done it in two separate polls (one for insulin users and one for non-insulin users) and given two choices only (are you CARB aware or do you eat carbs and not care, eg, haha) then we woul've even fitted most of the main blood types in eh! you live n learn ;)

J.x

dorigen

Sounds very interesting! I've heard of a book called Eat Right for your Type ( blood type) by Peter J Adamo ( I think that was the author).
I'm blood group AB Rhesus +ve - and currently managing well on low carbs, but it's early days yet.
Does your poll have a box for group AB?

Jem

Dislikes
ahhhhh you "rare" types lol ... I may redo the poll perhaps in a few months when people have forgiven my lack of planning!! In which case, I would like to do two sets of results, one for insulin users and one for non-insulin users and I will include AB then!

cheers J/x

ccoles1

I am AB+ on a eat anything but in moderation diet.

Question on donating blood by sleepyul
I was a blood donor and on the Antony Nolan Bone Marror register. When I was diognosed with Diabetes I was a potential match, and in the final testing for someone. When I told them, they did not want me anymore. I also informed the blood donor service and they said that if I controlled by diet then that was ok but if not I could not donate any more.

sleepylu

Re blood donation

thanks ccoles1 ~ what a shame .... i wonder what their logic behind that is. Beginning to feel like i'm wearing out! I wonder how it affects all other organ donation.

HLW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I rang up the blood donation hotline earlier with the intention of going to donate tomorrow, I told them I was type 2 and took medication, they said it was ok if I hadn't had complications, and if I didn't currently take insulin, and if my medication had been the same for 4 weeks. But they didn't ask exactly what I was taking though. Anyone know if I can donate if I take metformin + actos? I hope it will be ok, I have been too scared of needles before to go, but the last few times I had blood tests it was ok.

HLW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I just went to donate blood today, they said the rules had changed 2-3 months ago, before that people with diabetes on medication couldn't donate, now you can donate if you haven't ever taken insulin (it might be if you haven't take insulin within the last ?? weeks or something, can't remember exactly) and if your medication hasn't changed in the last 4 weeks, and if you haven't had circulatory problems. Plus about 20 other questions but those weren't to do with diabetes!

My veins are too small anyway they said (after I'd waited for an hour!), I should try back in the summer in a year or so (veins constrict in the cold or something they said).

rogbert

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
winter
Jem said:
Yep, the type of diabetes would've helped greatly ... and if I'd done it in two separate polls (one for insulin users and one for non-insulin users) and given two choices only (are you CARB aware or do you eat carbs and not care, eg, haha) then we woul've even fitted most of the main blood types in eh! you live n learn ;)

J.x

Why should type 2's be concerned about how many carbs they take and I'm tpye 2 on insulin what really am I type 1.5 ?

rogbert

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
winter
dorigen said:
Sounds very interesting! I've heard of a book called Eat Right for your Type ( blood type) by Peter J Adamo ( I think that was the author).
I'm blood group AB Rhesus +ve - and currently managing well on low carbs, but it's early days yet.
Does your poll have a box for group AB?

I tried his diet didn't work very well he also has published another book on same lines live right for your type

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Rogbert type 2's,especially those that control their diabetes without medication,have to watch the amount of carbs they eat to keep their blood sugar levels down.Even type 2's who use oral medication have to do this one way or another.