Forum app

Mongoose39uk

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sprouts
I did a delete and reinstall on both the Samsung galaxy 3 an iPhone 4s. The android one now works the iPhone one still does not.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Q007

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who tell lies.
My GP (Dr Doom).
I did a delete and reinstall on both the Samsung galaxy 3 an iPhone 4s. The android one now works the iPhone one still does not.

Your samsung should be fine. As for iphone I do know the app won't work for less than IOS 6. Check the software version, my ipad is an old one and won't upgrade from 5.1 so it dont work with the app. Don't bother trying, ive tried so many times. Not sure about Kindle. Q..

Mongoose39uk

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sprouts
The iphone is on 7.04 the push notifications are coming through fine even though I can't log into the forum.

Yup the Samsung runs fine :)

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
Your samsung should be fine. As for iphone I do know the app won't work for less than IOS 6. Check the software version, my ipad is an old one and won't upgrade from 5.1 so it dont work with the app. Don't bother trying, ive tried so many times. Not sure about Kindle. Q..

What is the point in having an app with limited cover? I'm getting a bit fed up now. Have deleted, turned off my phone, (iPhone 4) restarted and re installed at least four times during the last couple of days and still nothing! :shifty:

Mongoose39uk

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sprouts
@Beachbag it is just a temporary thing, the main forum software probably meant a fairly substantial re write of the taptalk app that the DCUK seems to be built around.

Reactions: 2 people

Q007

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who tell lies.
My GP (Dr Doom).
BEACHBAG; I agree, ive written to the moderator and they are going to see if they can fix it for iphone software IOS 5. Dont like "we'll sees" they never happen.
What version of software you running on your iphone? If it's less than 6 it won't work.
Im using my samsung galaxy 3 phone as my ipad wont run on IOS 6. I need fingers like a stick insect to type.
Ain't it always the way with IT people, they fix one thing and break ten things. Next time they get it right will be the first time. Q..

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
@Beachbag it is just a temporary thing, the main forum software probably meant a fairly substantial re write of the taptalk app that the DCUK seems to be built around.
Ok Mongoose, thanks. I'll hold onto my patience for a while longer.

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
BEACHBAG; I agree, ive written to the moderator and they are going to see if they can fix it for iphone software IOS 5. Dont like "we'll sees" they never happen.
What version of software you running on your iphone? If it's less than 6 it won't work.
Im using my samsung galaxy 3 phone as my ipad wont run on IOS 6. I need fingers like a stick insect to type.
Ain't it always the way with IT people, they fix one thing and break ten things. Next time they get it right will be the first time. Q..

Sent from the Diabetes Forum

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
As Mongoose mentioned earlier Q, iPhone is running 7.04. I've checked to make sure mine is the same. So I guess we just wait and see :)

Q007

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who tell lies.
My GP (Dr Doom).
As Mongoose mentioned earlier Q, iPhone is running 7.04. I've checked to make sure mine is the same. So I guess we just wait and see :)

K, on your kindle, can you get access to the web? If you can then you can key in diabetes.co.uk and you can get to it that way, that's what I'm doing now with my iPad again, it's so much better with a tablet isn't it. Qx

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
K, on your kindle, can you get access to the web? If you can then you can key in diabetes.co.uk and you can get to it that way, that's what I'm doing now with my iPad again, it's so much better with a tablet isn't it. Qx
I have a kindle fireHD so yes, web access isn't a problem and yes indeed, it's better. I will connect with it later, at the moment am playing couch potato! ;)x

Q007

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who tell lies.
My GP (Dr Doom).
I have a kindle fireHD so yes, web access isn't a problem and yes indeed, it's better. I will connect with it later, at the moment am playing couch potato! ;)x

Bye byes for me, too much chocolate. Well it had to be eaten.

Mongoose39uk

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sprouts
There is a link to the app in the App Store in my signature. It is an app that let's you read and participate in all sorts of forums including this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 4 people

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
There is a link to the app in the App Store in my signature. It is an app that let's you read and participate in all sorts of forums including this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the link Mongoose. Last time I tried Tapatalk I couldn't find "us" but have managed it this morning. Seems a hell of a long way around though and IMO is nothing like as user friendly as the old app was. Sorry guys :(

2christine

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
thank you mongoose , you always seem to give good advise, I have managed to find and download the link though tapatalk ,there is a lot of forums on there, i may never go out again lol

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi guys - the iPhone/iPad/iOS app will be released shortly (it'll be approved in the App Store in 2-3 days). As soon as it's there we'll repost.
As we moved forum URLs, the phone app had to change too.

The Android one is working correctly, but the iOS one will be released in the next few days and should auto-update for those who have that ability :)

Android app link is: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tapatalk.diabetescoukdiabetesforum

Reactions: 8 people