Bug/Glitch Reports

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Another question.

How do you delete private messages, now referred to as conversations?

Well, I just had a poke about and you have to "Leave" the conversation. It then says it will remove it from your list. You have options to accept new ones or not. I haven't tried it to see if it deletes just the individual message or the whole 'conversation' IE those with the same Subject.

HTH

Edit:
OK, just tried it and from within a message you delete just the one, but if you 'tick' them on the main conversation screen you can do multiples.

PS How sad are we doing this on Christmas morning? I'm off now anyway, my grandson is on his way over to open the presents that Father Christmas couldn't get down his chimney and he had to leave here;)

BaliRob

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Noisy dogs and loud music especially low-note drumming
After being asked for my Password a number of times I began to lose patience. However, this is the second time that I have tried to make sense of the new program and it does not measure up in the slightest to its predecessor.

I am angry at the new format which appears to me to be 'change for change sake' and thus regret that my membership be terminated forthwith.

Reactions: 3 people

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
So any progress on why Tapatalk is objecting to the new format?

Well it was broken yesterday and today its working. Hmm. So is someone working overtime and fixed this? If so thanks, beyond the call of duty I'd say.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

PhilT

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
Android app / tapatalk sits at "connecting to server" and warns of downtime "any posts will be lost" ?

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
After being asked for my Password a number of times I began to lose patience. However, this is the second time that I have tried to make sense of the new program and it does not measure up in the slightest to its predecessor.

I am angry at the new format which appears to me to be 'change for change sake' and thus regret that my membership be terminated forthwith.

Yes I agree with you .. its a right pain in the 'arris and I much prefered the previous format that worked well with the old XP.

Reactions: 2 people

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Android app / tapatalk sits at "connecting to server" and warns of downtime "any posts will be lost" ?

Remove the account and choose it again and it will go in OK. At least that's how it worked for me on both my Android apps. Alternatively try, Settings, Apps, Tapatalk, clear cache. No guarantee with this fix, but if I understand the problem correctly it should. The new forums have different shortcuts and I imagine these are stored in cache. Refreshing them should pick up the new.

HTH

RichardJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I can't get on the app, can use the browser or tapatalk but the app keeps saying it's undergoing maintance.

Jude

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I have only just come back on forum although I have been a member for over 6 years now. My problem is that I am having to type at a snails pace and that will discourage me to post. I do not have this trouble on any other forums that I am on - it is made worse by the fact that I am a typist and fast. If this continues there will be no point in me being on this forum.

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I can't get on the app, can use the browser or tapatalk but the app keeps saying it's undergoing maintance.

See my post above. Try clearing cache first,, if that doesn't do it then remove the forum and add it again.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

RichardJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Done all that and the app is still not working, not sure where I'm going wrong now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, thanks for your patience whilst we got the new forum up and running.

Please use this thread to post any bugs or glitches you may find and we'll address them ASAP.

Cheers!:D

Hi Giverny!

When I use the forum from a.Kindle Fire, it keeps logging me out. I login and can start a post, but when I hit the Post Reply button it doesn't do anything and I have to copy the text so as not to lose it and login again to paste the text and submit the post. I'm just using the web site, not the app. It's not the end of the world, but if it could be fixed that would be good.

Smidge

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We are currently waiting for apple to approve the updated URLs. Hopefully won't take too long. You can browse the site in your browser as its now fully mobile friendly :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Any progress on this, i use iPad mini predominantly and I prefer to use the app rather than the browser, I'm still getting the maintnanence message

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Just noticed that you can't save a post and come back to it later, shame as this was a handy feature before the change.

kazzablank

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin

Please use this thread to post any bugs or glitches you may find and we'll address them ASAP.

Hi I have downloaded the app a few days ago and it keeps saying unavailable due to maintenance today. Is this right?

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Just noticed that you can't save a post and come back to it later, shame as this was a handy feature before the change.

It seems to save my posts as drafts automatically, Noblehead. From the Kindle Fire I have to keep forcing a login every few minutes to be able to reply or like etc, but the Post I'm writing when I do that seems to be still there when I come back to it - although it's not always complete - depends when the last automatic save took place.

Smidge

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Have been trying this out and you can have more than one draft saved. You can then post on another thread and your previous drafts are still there even after someone else has posted. It goes when you post.

One thing I miss is the little square beside the last poster's name in the list of threads so you can go there directly (from the Home page for example or Recent Posts).

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
It seems to save my posts as drafts automatically, Noblehead. From the Kindle Fire I have to keep forcing a login every few minutes to be able to reply or like etc, but the Post I'm writing when I do that seems to be still there when I come back to it - although it's not always complete - depends when the last automatic save took place.

Smidge

Thanks Smidge, just tried it and your quite right:)

Hilary51

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

I cannot access the forum on my ipad or iphone \it says the site is down for maintenance I have tried uninstalling the app and installing again but still does not work Has not worked since before christmas I am running IOS 7.4

Cheers

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but some of the column headings in each forum contents table seem to be incorrect.

To reproduce:
1. Go to the Diabetes Discussions forum.
2. The Start Date column doesn't contain the Start Date, it contains various icons. The Replies column contains the text "Replies Views". The Views column contains the number of replies and views.

The browser I am using is Chrome.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Has the site gone slow again it is taking ages for some posts to load I have given up on some
CAROL