Insulin Pumps!

alyssarose

I haven't had diabetes for all that long, but I asked for a diabetes pump and they said yes. I've read a lot of things about them taking a long time to be available, but my dsn's have been Brilliant! I asked for the pump before christmas (and my exams) and they said Yes!

I started this Topic for people to share their experiences about pumps! :D

Erinmcdonagh

Hi I've got a pump there amazing Ill send you a pic of mine

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1380355003.851478.jpg
    ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1380355003.851478.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 880

DavidLov

i asked to go on one but they said i couldn't yet as i need to learn my ratios & carb counting "sigh"
But hopefully in feature i can

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I hsd problem with sets sticking on my stomach and excessive swesting in summer when gardening.. This was first few dsys of having pump. Since then no probs with them sticking to both bum cheeks. Couple of weeks ago, i had put one kn my leg...had multiple plates of food at chinese eat as much as you like... Went to the loo and found set completely detached!! And no idea how much bolus had gone in or not..

Apart from that, never a problem with it. I wear mine on my arm as it has a full remote control. Have never hit it or banged it or damaged it. Unlike my cgm which was worn on my stomach.. Which magically imploded!!

They are brilliant.. I cant wait till I get yhe next generation of this pump next year.

I got given it within 2 weeks of being told I could have it, and no carb counting course. Just delayed because nurse was on holiday..

Danny Prince

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
My Likes
I've only had it for around 2-3 weeks as a trial and im finding it alot better as i hated the multiple injections + its alot more flexible to use when outside

Swebster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm thinking of asking for an omnipod too I've had diabetes 20 years and think the hypos would allow me to get a pump. Which one should I ask for ?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Geordie lass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have been using the Medtronic Minimed pump for 18 months now and love it. I would hate to have to go back to MDI's now. It's so much easier and more convenient. I exercise a lot and don't have a problem with my pump or my infusion set. I call it my little pancreas! So, overall very happy with mine. Here's a photo of my pump.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    809.6 KB · Views: 246

Geordie lass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My HbA1C vastly improved within 6 weeks of using the pump. As you can see from my signature, it has improved greatly since then too. My T1 was always badly controlled for years until I went on the pump and my control is so much better. I hated MDI's. The Levemir I used was so painful when injecting and left a lump every time, so I don't think it was even absorbing properly. But using the pump it is brilliant...having the 24 hour basal working in your system. So much easier to work with.