Blood Sugars won't come down!

Lovelylivpet

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi,
Lately (past month or 2) my blood sugars have been hell to control. The nearly always range from 13- 20 mmol/L , and to honest it's making me feel ill. My next consultant meeting is in February ; I'm considering emailing her and asking her if she thinks my Basel Rates and/or insulin sensitivity is correct for me. I'm on a pump (Accu-Check Spirit Combo) which is a very good resource in some ways for me. I was wondering if there was any tips people could give me, I would find things like lists of slow release foods very helpful!
I've had diabetes for 10 years now (since I was 2) .

Thanks.

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Your nurse may advise your basal/bolus needs to be changed, however, to be certain you need to run the basal tests, then concentrate on bolus ratios. Without doing them properly its all guesswork. In the meantime waiting to do then I would at least put basal rate on 120%, this will last for 4 hours , and would then need to be done again. It would also help your dsn to know your basal test results to advise you appropriately.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Last edited by a moderator:

Lovelylivpet

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thanks Brett :) Yes, I've previously considered putting up my Basel rates. I have put on a increased Basel rate until tommorow morning (when I will see if I should put it up\down anymore). Hopefully all will get better soon.Again,thanks for the help.