Hba1c result.

snowballnc700

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi folks I,m type 2 diet controlled and was diagnosed sept 13, I,ve just had my 3 month hba1c result as 36, using the converter on this site gives 6.1 mmol,my practice nurse is on holiday at the moment, is this OK or not , thanks Dave.

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Its very good I think, better than my last result and my doctor is extremely happy with mine

Reactions: 2 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Actually I make that 5.4 if I'm not mistaken, well done Dave either way:)

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, it's 5.4% using the appropriate converter. That is excellent and equivalent to a non-diabetic person's level. Just keep to a good diet and you should remain free of diabetic symptoms for years to come.

glennd11

Hi Snowball your figure is correct at 6.1 mmol/L, the others are also correct but they are stating the DCCT equation which is 5.4%
Your Hbac1 result translates as the following:-

IFFC 36 mmol/mol = DCCT 5.4% = 6.1 mmol/L

My diabetic nurse has a little rhyme which goes like this...Between 6 and 7 is heaven, between 7 and 8 is great.

snowballnc700

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks to all for the replies,but why are there 2 different standards,ie IFFC and DCCT ?From what you good people are saying I,m doing Ok and am really pleased to hear it.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
The USA uses different standards from the UK and so may other countries. As we have an international audience we all need to be aware of these varying standards

glennd11

Hi snowball, i use a converter that i have built into an excel spreadsheet, you can convert mmol/mol to %DCCT to mmol/L or convert %DCCT to mmol/mol to mmol/L or convert mg/dl to mmol/L or mmol/L to mg/dl. See screen shot.
If you would like a copy please message me your email address and i will send you a copy.

screen shot.jpg

Reactions: 5 people

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Hi snowball, i use a converter that i have built into an excel spreadsheet, you can convert mmol/mol to %DCCT to mmol/L or convert %DCCT to mmol/mol to mmol/L or convert mg/dl to mmol/L or mmol/L to mg/dl. See screen shot.
If you would like a copy please message me your email address and i will send you a copy.

View attachment 2827

i dont want it, i cant do computers but that looks awesome!

Tbird

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Anyone harming animals
Hi folks I,m type 2 diet controlled and was diagnosed sept 13, I,ve just had my 3 month hba1c result as 36, using the converter on this site gives 6.1 mmol,my practice nurse is on holiday at the moment, is this OK or not , thanks Dave.
Hi Dave mention a convertor on this site where is that please.

Theresa

snowballnc700

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I found it on the home page theresa,or pop calculator into the search bar should do it.