Changing monitors

tizzy

Hi have recently been sent in the post from gp surgery a gluco Rx nexus monitor and been asked to use this instead of my other monitor I think it's voluntary and I don't mind but is it any good? And does anyone else use it please? .

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
I had one for a while and it was OK. Difficult to say how accurate it was as nothing to compare it with. It has a nice clear display and can link to home computer should you want to upload results. It is quite bulky though.

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
The NHS has not divided on 1 single monitor as yet but I have read that quite a few are going down the route of providing patients with ammeter that uses cheaper test strips. Makes sense really, as long as it works !

tizzy

Thank you for your reply I am going to give it ago as I have had a few run ins with my new gps already but only tried to use them 2x one didn't work and the other needed a new battery already they are holding a help course for them so will go along I feel I have to pick my battles with them and dread going to them about diabetes

Henry_Sugar

I feel I have to pick my battles with them and dread going to them about diabetes

Blimey :( What a horrible thing for you to HAVE to say, it just shouldn't be that way :mad:

I would think the course will be aimed at 1st timers or old ppl having a blood monitoring machine.

I hope for your sake it IS voluntary, mine wasn't but your's maybe. Another thing that was told to me was that, the Gulco Rx was supposed to be for type 2 diabetics. So in fact I should NEVER of been given one to bloody start with !!!!!!

I wish you the v best of luck & pls keep us posted here ;)

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you for your reply I am going to give it ago as I have had a few run ins with my new gps already but only tried to use them 2x one didn't work and the other needed a new battery already they are holding a help course for them so will go along I feel I have to pick my battles with them and dread going to them about diabetes

Strange you should comment on the battery! I was given the GlucoRx Nexus, and the battery was dead in it. DSN had fiddle about and put a new battery in it. The brand new battery that she put in lasted about 4 months. Will say though that GlucoRX are super quick with supplies. I always make sure I have a couple of batteries in stock and usually they arrive within 2 days of being ordered on their website.
All this said, it is my back-up meter. I do mainly use a Codefree meter these days.

tizzy

Thank you both for replys I know they are a horrid bunch of gps they pay for things themselves now I think they are all going that way I don't think it will work in our favour unfortunately it is not just me that's found them lacking I live in a village and most people I have spoken to feel let down apparently there are a couple of good ones I think I met one of them but we don't have a gp as such we see whoever it's weird not having a named gp I think that's so when they are sued they all take the blame only my opinion lol I am a carer and sometimes meet the elderly residents some are totally let down by them by the practise I wish I'd never left my old practise but when my gp retired there seemed no reason to stay there I can walk to my surgery now and when I was unable to drive it was handy oh well maybe I will try to go back but they only kept uson when we moved as gp agreed to keep us also surly a meters a meter and can't tell what type of diabetes you have got or is it a poorer quality meter it seems to correspond with my other meter at the moment oh well more battles I suppose