Medical Records

Madbazoo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have noticed a few forum members recently posting about being able to access their medical records online. Was aware that my GP's practice was computerising all our medical records but was unaware I might be able to access these.

Is this available to all? How do I access them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I might be mistaken but I'm sure this service is only available in Scotland at the moment, you can ask to see your medical records from your gp surgery but you have to put this in writing first and you must see view them on site.

Horlicks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Forums asking for a load of personal information including dislikes.
It might depend on where you live. I dont know about the rest of the UK but there is a move to get ALL of London's surgeries fully online by 2015. That means not only accessing your medical records but making appointments and renewing subscriptions online. Have a look at the myhealth.london.nhs.uk website where there is a lot more info and you can search for doctors already allowing online access to medical records. (pitifully few I might add) I have been monitoring that website and I have to say progress is painfully slow. I somehow doubt if the target will be met by 2015.

chris9996

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Vegetables
I might be mistaken but I'm sure this service is only available in Scotland at the moment, you can ask to see your medical records from your gp surgery but you have to put this in writing first and you must see view them on site.

And not all of Scotland at that. I was told a few years back that if I wanted to see my GP's notes, they would have to write to all my consultants (at my expense) for their permission to let me see their letters.:pompous:

I don't even get their email newsletters.

Keith300-01

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Strong wind
ive got mine its done from ninewells in Dundee but its a long process took near 2 month to get it set up but once all the security is passed it shows you everything + parts that you can add to it will only be from the doctors notes though not diabetic appointments or other doc app, and if you change your doctor as I did when I moved 20 years ago that's as far back as I could go ! but still worth looking over and remembering times and things I forgot o_O
and yes I live in Scotland you can start by looking at www.mydiabetesmyway.scot.nhs.uk hope its a help keith.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
And not all of Scotland at that. I was told a few years back that if I wanted to see my GP's notes, they would have to write to all my consultants (at my expense) for their permission to let me see their letters.:pompous:

I don't even get their email newsletters.

Charming I'm sure, hope the above link that Keith has posted is of some use to you.