Ok now im totally confused blood suagar madness

johnco

If you have been that consistent over 3 tubs of strips steve, plus your admission about the sweet stuff you used to eat, then I would say your meter is ok! However, although you have given your pancreas a much lighter load to cope with now, you`re liver is still being helped by the dose of metformin! I found also that when my `team` at the docs. lowered my prescription to 2 and then 1 a day (from 4), my appetite returned!! so ,please be aware that you may well have a `battle` to fight over the next few months!!

turvell

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
been type 2 and the fact i get no sodding help from the NHS at all
i dont use metformin im just diet and exercise

johnco

Sorry! I was thinking about another forum at the same time! However, you could still ask at the docs` for a `C-Peptide `test.. This will tell you how much insulin you have running around in the bloodstream. - a precursor for glucose intolerance.

mikegresty

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes and neuropathy
a faulty meter is possible but blood sugars can drop unexpectedly for different reasons 1, is cold temp and weather 2, when sugars go too high too fast they can simply bounce back down 3, ganglings ( lumps in injection sites through overuse. of site ) can hold amounts of insulin and suddenly release all at once 4, alcohol can also cause very sudden drops in levels 5, stress and upset can also cause unexpected drops in sugar levels.... aside from these your own body could in part be lowering your sugar levels with insulin as normal

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
Although your initial hba1c was just enough to get the official T2 diagnosis a lot will depend on how long prior to diagnosis your sugars were running dangerously high. If you changed your lifestyle you could have effectively reversed the db just as someone who is diagnosed pre diabetic can if they make the required changes. If that's the case then well done and don't slip back into the old ways. You could get a good idea by seeing if you can now pass an ogtt test. You will probably have better luck persuading your doc for one of those as although a c-peptide test will tell you a result they cost the gp around 250 quid a pop which is why they are loathed to hand them out.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

DiamondAsh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Disregard for authority. Noise.
im just confused that i have done over 150 tests over the last 5 weeks and its never been over 6.5 mmol/l ever
crikey.. I wish my BG readings were that low. I feel quite disappointed. Perhaps your weight loss has helped a lot... that's where I'm going wrong.

turvell

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

DiamondAsh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Well, I've only started to eat this healthy way for 2 or 3 weeks now, to stave off diabetes. I think I've lost a bit so I can't say that I'm struggling to lose it at present. What I meant was that I am rather overweight. My struggle is cutting out carbs.

turvell

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
God tell me about it. Problem is I used to have toast for breakfast. Sandwich for lunch and potatoes rice it pasta for dinner. Breakfast now I have yogurt blueberries and almonds. Lunch I often struggle with. Dinner still some carb but more veg and meat

DiamondAsh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
At the moment the bad carbs are not too detrimental to my levels. But they make me so tired and of course they are junk. So I want to keep off them when at all possible. I wish there was a drink we could have to give us all out requirements, without having to worry about what foods to eat.

turvell

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Lol I've always said that too. Or a pill to take. I get so bored of it I do

DiamondAsh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
there probably is something out there on the market but usually out of my price range...

turvell

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
That's true also my food bill gone through the roof. Unfortunately in this country eating healthy costs a lot of Money

DiamondAsh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Yes.. that too... I don't do holidays and I have to sacrifice other things so that I eat properly and also to be able to afford the testing strips.

turvell

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The strips are stupid money I'm so mad I can't get them on prescription. How dare they the money we pay into the NHS too

DiamondAsh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
It can only get worse. I don't even let it bother me now. There are so many things wrong with this system.

turvell

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

DiamondAsh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Personally, I think one of the biggest expenses to the NHS is theft from within .... Shocking!

turvell

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes