struggling to buy blood tester

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've never had a problem getting control solutions for my meters and never had to pay either. I get through about 100 test strips a month on average so they get around £900 per year from me in consumables. It's pretty much the same marketing model used by computer printer manufacturers, they practically give away the printers because the consumables more than cover the costs.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

mikegresty

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes and neuropathy
I've never had a problem getting control solutions for my meters and never had to pay either. I get through about 100 test strips a month on average so they get around £900 per year from me in consumables. It's pretty much the same marketing model used by computer printer manufacturers, they practically give away the printers because the consumables more than cover the costs.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
too true my printer brand new with full toner costs less than the refills alone so I simply have to buy a new printer each time it runs out its definately a strange way to run a world trying to conserve energy and lower emissions and waste.

Reactions: 2 people

mikegresty

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes and neuropathy
I don't think any meter will always be 100% accurate. Do you inject or use a pump with the NovoRapid?
I currently inject using a pen have asked many times about a pump to help me out with memory loss caused by hypos and injury but despite asking for over 3 years now nobody seems to take me seriously.

Glen

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes, DIY, winter,
I currently inject using a pen have asked many times about a pump to help me out with memory loss caused by hypos and injury but despite asking for over 3 years now nobody seems to take me seriously.

Does that mean you're taking NovoRapid every 2 or 3 hours? That's a lot to remember.

mikegresty

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes and neuropathy
Does that mean you're taking NovoRapid every 2 or 3 hours? That's a lot to remember.
more or less yes and the chances of forgetting are very high I may wake not knowing day or who I am I can forget anything instantly there's no patterns my memory is like an a-z diary with a quarter of the letters missing the rest is written in random choice of 3 pens normal ink, invisible ink and disappearing ink although numbers seem to present the worst problems.