LivLife Low Carb Bread

VinnyJames

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Please can you all 'like' support and share in any groups you are in. I'm trying to get Morrisons to stock this low carb bread in ALL branches to help us ALL. I personally have to do a 40 mile round trip at the moment which is ridiculous.

If enough of us support this I will present it to Morrisons and LivLife.

Thank you in anticipation.

Vinny

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Morr...ow-carb-bread-in-ALL-branches/191682824359527

Reactions: 3 people

mikegresty

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes and neuropathy
Please can you all 'like' support and share in any groups you are in. I'm trying to get Morrisons to stock this low carb bread in ALL branches to help us ALL. I personally have to do a 40 mile round trip at the moment which is ridiculous.

If enough of us support this I will present it to Morrisons and LivLife.

Thank you in anticipation.

Vinny

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Morr...ow-carb-bread-in-ALL-branches/191682824359527
ill hit like but I've found morrisons fail to listen usually.

Reactions: 5 people

connie104

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
ill hit like but I've found morrisons fail to listen usually.
I quite agree we live in Spain and travel to Gibraltar to morrisons store every couple of weeks to stock up on Bergen bread. Last few visits none there and when asked at customer services they said don't do it anymore . Asked of I could order it don't mind buying a load as I have access to a large freezer and they said not possible. Went just before and there on the shelf Bergen bread !!! I bought all available but sea left hand does not know what right hand doing .

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

A

AnnieC

mikegresty

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes and neuropathy
I'd suggest a mass request to all our supermarkets and food industries / suppliers to change or add to the foods they stock. I regularly find in most places that with more and more items we are only left with the low sugar / low carb versions and for anyone especially type one diabetics our meals need a set amount of carbs / sugars to keep our levels up. yesterday I went into both asda and morrisons looking for foods I've loved and eaten for many years and in both shops all I found was an abundance of the sugar free versions.and none of the normal ones. this may be fine for a calorie controlled diet but for a diabetic it simply means if we eat these low sugar alternatives then we still must make up the carbs our diets and insulin usage demands which means to eat what we enjoy is more often requiring us to eat extra foods to maintain our levels, plus another problem is that in most cases the "diet versions" taste awful one example vimto, not ideal for overuse but as a hot drink when going out in the cold it's tasty and ideal for keeping blood sugar levels from dropping through the cold weather plus a nice hot drink for warming up with. my problem is that I found 100's of low sugar ones and no original ones and the low sugar ones are pretty much tasteless, unsantatisfying and sickly to drink and therefore no use to me at all. but this trend continued with thousands of items on the shelves which when throughout a day my dietary needs of approx 300g of carbs a day would not be met with these low sugar alternatives but if I buy them and then eat something else to keep my sugars stable I end up spending double and eating double just to prevent hypo problems. it's a double edged sword for a type one diabetic we can't eat double and can't survive without sugars / carbs on diet foods alone, and yet our choices of good enjoyable and nutritious foods are constantly disappearing from the shelves and unless we can exist on a carb / sugar free diet then at this rate we'll soon be having to eat raw sugar to replace what's missing in the foods we buy. I fully understand and accept the healthy alternatives to foods but these alone would cause some very unhealthy problems for people and both options should always be stocked before we all start having to shop at better places that stock what we all need. The facts are we all need some fats in our diets (although not the saturated kinds) and we all need enough carbs / sugars to get through each day and by removing these options we are looking at countless more hypos, more deaths and some very unhealthy future generations. and before any contradictions I'm 5ft 5" and weigh 10 stones 8lbs and have never been either under or overweight. I have above average strength without mass and enjoy a very good and varied diet. And finally Type 1 Diabetics cannot survive on a completely sugar / carb free diet and any starvation diet would always cause ketoacidosis. and for those needing to lose weight even that requires a good diet if you expect any success in a healthy way. our doctors and nurses are ordered by governments to suggest certain foods (digestives being one) and to defer us from smoking and alcohol and foods with fats etc etc but I can tell you one thing straight and that's dinner at Downing Street involves no digestives or quorn products and whilst these suggestions are aimed at lowering hospital admissions in the future all they will do is change what the admissions are for and probably actually increase violence and other such problems caused by unfuelled minds that are becoming more and more incapable of dealing with everyday problems. remember how we act when going hypo, loud, confused, disorientated, argumentative and even violent and then imagine a future with a world filled with such people all barely functioning in a near hypo state and then consider how the irrationality of bad behaviour is increasingly affecting and even ending lives throughout the world, I'm just one person and I become very bad tempered and confused if going hypo but so do we all and when you multiply us few by the millions of people living in this low blood sugar state well maybe then you'll see why our planet is becoming increasingly more and more violent.

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Crikey that's some diatribe, Mike. Firstly, a few points. Some Type 1s need to eat a lot of carbs, but your body is perfectly capable of producing glucose by itself, so no one needs to eat carbohydrate. It's also not possible to have a carb-free diet. Many of us on here low carb - I have around 50g per day, some have lower.

I can't say I've noticed a deluge in low sugar products, either. I wish that was the case!

Finally, I'm not convinced the government are promoting digestive biscuits and quorn; that eating digestive biscuits and quorn will cause people to become hypo, which will lead to an increase in violence.

Some fairly novel ideas you have, there.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I dont know where you shop mike but I havnt noticed a problem with low sugar items my husband drinks Vimto and we never had a problem finding the original one I am type 2 myself but I really cant see that anyone would have a problem with shopping to have enough sugar or carbs in their diet
CAROL

Reactions: 3 people