Pre- pregnancy advice please

Pepsi Max

Hi all, not sure if this is the right forum for my question but here goes, I'm a type 1 since 2005, recently on a pump. My last hba1c was 7.7% Recently myself & my husband have been considering having our first child but to be honest I'm scared. Scared of complications & the whole shebang! My last appoint with my Dr was Nov 2013, they said they would refer me to my local maternity diabetes clinic but I haven't heard anything. I suppose now I'm looking for information to prepare me so I can get a head start. Anything like what my % should be before conceiving, how can I get it down, any supplements I should start to take, what to expect etc etc any advice is extremely welcomed!

Diabetic warrior since 2005!

mikegresty

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes and neuropathy
pregnancy will run as normal as long as blood sugar levels are maintained at normal levels. just remember whilst feeding two of you that your levels will be lowered slightly and adjustments may need to be made as both high and low levels can affect development of baby and cause complications for yourselves. but don't let this put you off, I've known countless diabetics give birth without problems compared to a few that have had problems but these odds exist with any pregnancy diabetic or not. And I know many wonderful children from diabetic parents. just look after yourselves and be sure to take and follow all advice from doctors and nurses, even dieticians and all will be fine, and above all else relax and don't worry too much x