Can you get??

Julie1471

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Having high blood sugars!!!!!
I've been away for a while. But I've been pumping for over a month and I have seen a dramatic change in my 1AC going from 8.3, to 7.9 and yesterday 7.6. And where as I used to see a blood sugar between 10-13 as ok. Both hubby and myself are now that's to high. My new diabetic nurse at Kings, laughs at me and tells me I'm being picky and that it will change as we fine tune the pump. I now have hypo signs returning and I've not had any major lows needing help. It has changed mine and my family's life. My 9 year daughter helps with blood tests getting strips ready etc. But I'd like to know can you get Zoff removal wipes and pre injection alcohol swabs on prescription as at the moment I am buying mine. I don't mind doing that, but I just wondered.

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Zoff removal quotes are really good. I did find u only ness then using the metal cannulas as they could catch on removal. Uffing the flexlink ones I don't ned them. Not sure about on prescription but don't think so, I will be asking my dsn on next app though.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people

iHs

Ive never used zoff but at times have used liftplus spray from opus which is often sent foc but many other cos will also send adhesive removal sprays as free samples as well. As for wiping the skin with an alcohol swab, thats only really necessary if oil is on the skin from moisturiser. It is thought that it dries the skin out too much so loads of pumpers dont bother with them. Easy to buy though thro ebay.
Hope you get yr happiness back julie with the pump. Although at times they seem to demand a lot of attention to detail in getting settings ok through bg testing and trial and error, you should find that youll be able to go to sleep at night without being worried about hypos.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Julie1471

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I'm using Zoff to remove soft canulas and so far I have not had a problem, they have worked well. I've tried some given by the hospital but they aren't as good. And I've bought my Zoff's from Ebay as cheaper than Amazon for 20 wipes. I use the swabs for cleaning the top of my insulin bottle.

IHS I've been a lot a happier since starting the pump and now hubby is going to bed less worried about night time hypo's and is getting a decent nights sleep for once and I'm having far less daytime hypo's, which is great as I'm far more relaxed now. I know it's hard but I feel my control is loads better and my 1AC is the lowest it's ever been. I'm 0.1 from the recommended 7.5. Which I've never been.

LaughingHyena

I was told to try the alcohol hand gel for removing the cannula, which has so far been working pretty well. It only takes a small blob, defiantly a cheep option.

Julie1471

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Thanks for that LaughingHyena.