E cig

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
hi, i have been sucking on these for exactly a year now, they dont seem to effect me but then i wasnt testing before i started so maybee im not really db woohoo

Twinks

It might just b a blip in myself and because iv just started using it im being cautious i never had any issues with my old one but it was a different make

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
Andy12345 said:
hi, i have been sucking on these for exactly a year now, they dont seem to effect me but then i wasnt testing before i started so maybee im not really db woohoo

Which brand do you use as I want to break my Ciggie addiction too-I could kick myself as I gave up for years but then started again a couple of years back due to extreme stress :(

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
paul-1976 said:
Andy12345 said:

Which brand do you use as I want to break my Ciggie addiction too-I could kick myself as I gave up for years but then started again a couple of years back due to extreme stress :(

VIP i never tried any others, i was on 40+ a day roll ups since i was 2 years old lol, could never have stopped without them, im planning on smoking one while running the london marathon, i cant go 5 hours without nicotene lol thatll raise a few eyebrows :)

Twinks

Im now on my third kind i started on elite but didn't find it strong enuf then i used skycig which i liked because there is a range of flavours now I'm on one by smokers exit which is more like having a Cigarette but doesn't look like one and is actually cheaper then all the others

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Rockape671

I've had mine for 3 months now and it hasn't affected mine. Had been smoking for 34 years and haven't even felt like a cig since I started on this. Got mine from Flavour Vapour, vanilla flavour's the one for me :D

gravillep

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I like the VIP Coconut flavor I have been smoking normal ciggies and rollups for 45 years.

Been on this Vapour E-cig for two months and have not had a ciggie since.
Went to the doctor and they told me that my lungs are so much better 95% volume for a man of my age 60 years old.

No difference on my blood sugar readings.

Reactions: 2 people

Morganator

I've been using 10 motives for a year, even while in hospital, my sugars don't seem to have changed.

Sent from my HTC Desire C using DCUK Forum mobile app

ani010

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Having to take so many medications, having little energy.
My best friend living so far away in scotland.
Bloody go government benifit changes that help scroungers and not those who really need help.

ani010

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Having to take so many medications, having little energy.
My best friend living so far away in scotland.
Bloody go government benifit changes that help scroungers and not those who really need help.
sorry about that posted by accident. what i meant to say was, have u tried different nicotine strengths? I had smoked for 35 years and never thought i could give up, but my son got into ecigs and got me hooked. i gave up in august and havent had a smoke since, i smell it on other people and think how bad i must have smelt. my poor husband is a non smoker and has always put up with it, he just said that it was something that i had always done and he was used to it.
i feel great now and didnt even put weight but it was around the time my diabetes kicked in so........ lol

I use ltecigs always get good choice and great service. xx

A

AnnieC

Don't you get addicted to the vapour ciggies after all they do have nicotine in them.

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
Don't you get addicted to the vapour ciggies after all they do have nicotine in them.

They're a safer,less smelly alternative for people who are already addicted-I wouldn't recommend one to a non smoker who doesn't need the nicotine.

2131tom

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
They do work, even for hardened smokers, but there's still got to be the will to switch. My wife has been using 'Green Smoke' type since last May. My brother-in-law for about the same time and he was a 60-a-day man of the real thing. Both of them have cut down on their 'cigarette' consumption - my wife can now go for days on end without one - so I think the addiction factor is less.

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
They do work, even for hardened smokers, but there's still got to be the will to switch. My wife has been using 'Green Smoke' type since last May. My brother-in-law for about the same time and he was a 60-a-day man of the real thing. Both of them have cut down on their 'cigarette' consumption - my wife can now go for days on end without one - so I think the addiction factor is less.

I've got 200 ciggies left to smoke and after that it's the E-cig for me too :)

Fallgal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

A lot of people ease off the nicotine strengths after a while as well. The e-cigs you fill yourself come in various strengths. You can get liquid that has no nicotine at all, which is what I use now. I get mine from Totally Wicked.