So, My Life Is Over Now.

captainpixie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots, bullies,politicians, David Cameron, Nick Clegg, Ian Duncan smith, racist, homophobes, people unwilling to learn, to tolerate, to listen and in turn be listened too. animal abuser's and people who just don't think about what they say and how it can or could affect the people around them.
wow, there is loads of great advice, thank you all of you, I honestly mean that :)

I learned a long time ago that it's best to spill your guts about things medically or mentally, I wouldn't say wrong, but not healthy about yourself. it helps other people understand you and for the most part I don't get as much hassel also it can give someone a new point of view or at the very least shut them up!

it's hard because I think doing that can make you feel very vulnerable. everyone want's to been seen as strong in their own way, and having any kind of health problem compromises that.

I'll tell you this though, when the internet came along, it make life a little easier in a way for people like us. (in that you can be just yourself without having to think two steps ahead of others, you can log off and disappear when someone gives you grief)

Also you can find a place to ramble on all you like!

case in point myself (I do tend to wander off topic, but it's 04:04 am and I should be in bed, gotta be up at 7 for Uni, gotta love that insomnia) :)

Reactions: 4 people

popsy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Crowds of people, my idea of hell would be a huge gathering of any sort!

Heights, scare me to death!
Liars, cheats. poseurs, any kind of violence, thieves and people who take advantage of others.

The way the world is going to hell in a handbasket.

Global warming, the melting ice caps, whaling..I mean what for?!

Cruelty

Having to give up my eat everything philosophy..and I really really dislike consequences.
When I was diagnosed I had no idea about anything at all concerning diabetes, not clue one, I jest not! So I have learned because, as you said Cap'n, I had to. I don't want to die just yet thanks ;)

I know you have much more to deal with than I did but the odd thing is, diabetes has, in the darkest of ways, been one of the best things to happen to me. Weirdo I can hear you saying, but honestly, it made me pick up my life, got me on track, I can't say back on track because I wasn't really ever on a track. I bumbled and crashed my way through life with no direction really until now. I have found my tracks and my direction. I have learned to think of me, my health and strength and all that entails. My meds, my blood sugar, my test results and everything that goes along with it. I don't bash my head against the wall anymore...I have a plan :D You too can have a plan, and don't look like that, you can ....really! It really is one day at a time sweetie, just one day and if you can't manage that, take it one hour at a time.

Do whatever you have to for you to survive, to live each day and one day you will wake up NOT thinking Oh lord, how will I get through this day, one day you will wake up thinking Great, wonder what today has in store for me? Honest you really will. :)

There is truck loads of help on here, everything you need to make your plan. Read it all, ask questions because knowledge really is power!

Never Give Up, Never Surrender!

You go girl :joyful:

Reactions: 8 people

captainpixie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots, bullies,politicians, David Cameron, Nick Clegg, Ian Duncan smith, racist, homophobes, people unwilling to learn, to tolerate, to listen and in turn be listened too. animal abuser's and people who just don't think about what they say and how it can or could affect the people around them.
When I was diagnosed I had no idea about anything at all concerning diabetes, not clue one, I jest not! So I have learned because, as you said Cap'n, I had to. I don't want to die just yet thanks ;)

I know you have much more to deal with than I did but the odd thing is, diabetes has, in the darkest of ways, been one of the best things to happen to me. Weirdo I can hear you saying, but honestly, it made me pick up my life, got me on track, I can't say back on track because I wasn't really ever on a track. I bumbled and crashed my way through life with no direction really until now. I have found my tracks and my direction. I have learned to think of me, my health and strength and all that entails. My meds, my blood sugar, my test results and everything that goes along with it. I don't bash my head against the wall anymore...I have a plan :D You too can have a plan, and don't look like that, you can ....really! It really is one day at a time sweetie, just one day and if you can't manage that, take it one hour at a time.

Do whatever you have to for you to survive, to live each day and one day you will wake up NOT thinking Oh lord, how will I get through this day, one day you will wake up thinking Great, wonder what today has in store for me? Honest you really will. :)

There is truck loads of help on here, everything you need to make your plan. Read it all, ask questions because knowledge really is power!

Never Give Up, Never Surrender!

You go girl :joyful:

sounds good to me! I dont usually go all wobbly, it was frankly the last straw for me that day! give it a few months and I know I'll be alright (ok I don't know really but my Mum is a force to be reckoned with and I know she'll always be there to help me)

It's interesting now that i know this, I've experimented with my food's the last few days and I can actually tell which foods affect me, mood and health wise. ANY form of 'junk food' and I have what I used to call a junk food hangover! I felt like utter crude. pasta makes me REALLY sleepy and bananas make me feel ok.

Processed food is would seem is a mostly no no, and burger bars are also mostly out, McDonald's has always made me feel ill so I've stayed away from that for years, the same for Kentucky chicken. subway is actually ok, but that depends on what I have in the sandwich. I generally don't like fruit juice (except when I'm very ill then all i crave is pure orange juice, it's a vitamin thing i think) I also can't stand squash or fruit smoothies for the most part, I don't like fizzy drinks as a rule except diet pepsi sometimes so i don't worry about them. I do drink a lot of tea and herbal tea's. I don't ever add sugar, it's just horrid with it in, yuck!

my main thing I eat is a lot of bread and I like cheese as well, I love my toast and toasties. and I REALLY like sushi (i don't have that very often) I'm also a fan of currys (hand made is way better than the sauce jar stuff) and I'm a fan of Japanese and chinese food, I'm kind of in love with Thai food and my favorite is Tom-Yum-soup/instant noodles (chillies are FANTASTIC if you have a cold or blocked sinuses)

I think once I get used to it it will be a bit better. I don't feel as panicked as I did before (panic i hear you say, more like totally losing the plot lol)

but all in all just remain calm i guess :)

ani010

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Having to take so many medications, having little energy.
My best friend living so far away in scotland.
Bloody go government benifit changes that help scroungers and not those who really need help.
Hiya hun, u sound a little more possitive right now which is great. To be honest this is the best medical thing that I have wrong with me. U might be shocked by that but for me diabetes is one thing that I can control which my chronic pain is very hard to get under control.
I know that for so many diabetics carbs are a very big and very hard problem, but because of my many meds I had a very complicated diet, mainly that I ate very little. So when i was told that I was diabetic I knew that i had to eat better, and to me that meant i had to eat! so now i make myself eat 3 meals a day instead of one or maybe two at a push. But my diabetes nurse had payed attention when we told her about my other health problems and because she knew how hard eating has been for me she accutally agrees that a low carb diet isnt what i need right now and we control my levels with insuln but also i have dropped alot of sugar, cakes and **** in general we are doing really well. The first (and last) dietitions appointment ended out with me crying and wanting to stop all diabetes treatment altogether. But thanks to my husband who just let me cry it out, and Lesley my nurse, they helped me through. I am ova weight, old lol and now that im getting on top of my conditions i am getting myself back into the gym. I have found that these days gyms arent all full of skinny, super slim sexy people, there are normal chubby people there that are there for their health and not just to look ultra sexy, if u know what u mean, also all ages too, from late teens to sixties and ova. We can do it hun, its gunna take some getting used to but honestly we can!
Its a shame we dont live nearer or we could smash this out together lol. But we can all chat and help eachother on here cant we?

If anyone wants to pm me at any time u know where i am. Take care all and have a great weekend. Xxxxx

captainpixie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
thank you, it sounds like your Husband is a great guy :) support is key I guess :)

had my fasting blood test today! no one could find a vain and I was stuck a fair few times before i would bleed for them into a tube! mind you I'd been told absolutely NO water after nine, which I later learned was wrong, I could have some so I was really dehydrated hence the missing veins. my arms are all marked up, they look like track marks *sigh*

I guess we all get there in the end :)

Jumapi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bad language; Bad manners; crumbs in the butter! Walking in the rain or high winds.
I was diagnosed with type 2 three weeks ago. Once I got over the shock I joined this forum. The advice and help from members has helped me tremendously.
Almost three years ago my lovely husband of 51 yrs 11 months passed away. I had devoted most of my time to caring for him for the previous year as he gradually got worse. Afterwards I just caved in. I let myself go, didn't eat much, didn't exercise at all, I just wanted to hide away from the outside world. I already had some health issues then I was diagnosed with Poly Myalgia. Now I have diabetes. I don't like it, I didn't want to believe it, just wanted to eat everything I was told I couldn't have any more, it felt like the last straw. But I'm getting used to the idea now. It has been my wake up call you could say. I have had to change my way of being and take care of myself. I'm starting to feel alive again. Crazy to say being diabetic has helped me? Yes, crazy but true. My life is different but this wake-up call has made me realise I want to start living again.. Thank you all for helping me do it right.
Jumapi

Reactions: 6 people

Jumapi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bad language; Bad manners; crumbs in the butter! Walking in the rain or high winds.
Today I did my usual thing. Having been awake most of the night once I did go to sleep I slept until 12.35pm that meant I had my meds at 1pm today. It's usually around noon though. Today I began my day with two slices of seeded whole meal toast with a scrape of butter, marmite and cottage cheese. All washed down with a mug of fresh filtered coffee. I read my kindle for a while and awoke at 4.55pm in the pitch dark. It's time for my next meal and naturally I don't feel hungry. I just know the rules say regular meals. I have never been a good sleeper, always falling a sleep late but not this late. Is this problem just peculiar to me or is it connected to my diabetes?
Jumapi

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people

captainpixie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Today I did my usual thing. Having been awake most of the night once I did go to sleep I slept until 12.35pm that meant I had my meds at 1pm today. It's usually around noon though. Today I began my day with two slices of seeded whole meal toast with a scrape of butter, marmite and cottage cheese. All washed down with a mug of fresh filtered coffee. I read my kindle for a while and awoke at 4.55pm in the pitch dark. It's time for my next meal and naturally I don't feel hungry. I just know the rules say regular meals. I have never been a good sleeper, always falling a sleep late but not this late. Is this problem just peculiar to me or is it connected to my diabetes?
Jumapi

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
I get the same thing sometimes. *hugs

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
It's the marmite it has to be the culprit :hungover:
If we were meant to eat marmite we would have been born holding a jar ;) (l love the stuff honest!)

Could be connected l was totally frazzled like a zombie then they found the diabetes and as l got my diabetes under control my tiredness has dissipated.

captainpixie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Marmite is evil, evilevilevil! my Mum loves it and will get a big jar an leave it in the kitchen with the lid off after using it just to make me go green, i honestly don't understand how anyone can eat it lol

Jumapi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I guess it's true, when it comes to marmite you either love it or you hate it.
I LOVE IT!!
Jumapi