LCHF which yoghurts are best

turvell

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
been type 2 and the fact i get no sodding help from the NHS at all
I did the Atkins years ago and the weight dropped off and I thought that was the point

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
The very man, Andy, you need a cut and paste of your day's menu, as it's always a good guide to new posters.
Any chance you could oblige with a typical day again?
Thanks.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
dont cook in olive oil, eat it cold, it turns into a trans fat when heated up

Reactions: 3 people

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
The very man, Andy, you need a cut and paste of your day's menu, as it's always a good guide to new posters.
Any chance you could oblige with a typical day again?
Thanks.

its all out there mate, its boring

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
The Fage I buy is NOT fat free at all but you knew that anyway eh?:D

tbh, the 0% came up on google, but I would say the 5g fat, 3.8g carbs classic now I looked again?
Alpro is 2.3g fat, 2.1g carbs, so lower carb, lower fat though.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
ive tried lots of yogurts and for me the fage is the tastiest and its kind of stodgy, hard to explain but it forces you to eat it slowly and enjoy it

annew

I also like the Lidl stuff that comes in 1litre pots -very cheap and tastes good........................

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
i was told it by my low carb guru, i need no more proof lol if she says it is so thats good enough for me, and seeing as im too dumb to read the studies itll have to be good enough :)

B

badcat

Best way is to ask regular low carbers to post up a typical days meal. A lot of the regulars will, or have a search though some of the recipes. LCHF suggests you need to add fat to all the cooking, but it's actually comparative, because a normal western diet tends to have a majority of carbs, and less fat, when you decrease the carbs, it's replaced with fat, but usually still around the normal calorie intake for the day. Fat has about twice the calories carbs have g for g.
Not that I'm saying you need to count, just that you don't need to load everything with fat.
Indeed, one of the claims is fat makes you feel full quicker, so you actually eat less anyway.
Also the type of fat you choose can vary, some like saturated fat, and eat cream and red meat. Others go for un saturated, cook in olive oil, eat fish etc.
You'll find a diet that suits you, but it's going to be a lifestyle change, so find one that you can work with.

Not sure how we got to this on a post about yogurt but Here's today's offering which is a fairly typical day in the badcat house although lunch would more usually be a salad of some variety
B - 2 low carb muffins ( made with ground almonds, eggs & raspberries
L - salmon sashimi, miso soup and vegetable tempura
D- whey protein, natural yogurt, and strawberries with some ground flaxseeds
S - 2 slices sukrin ( low carb) bread with 1 tbsp hummus and salad, another muffin, 10g 85% dark chocolate with chilli

Reactions: 2 people

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I stayed at a guesthouse down in Brixham for a few days back in october, the lady who owned it made her own coconut yoghurt, was absolutely gorgeous. She implied it was pretty easy, it think it was a mix of normal milk and coconut milk with a live greek yogurt starter.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

A

Avocado Sevenfold

My food today

B - two egg omelette with cheese, mushrooms and spring onions
L - cream of broccoli soup, Brazil nuts
D - two huge mushrooms stuffed with feta and walnuts, salad leaves, asparagus, splash of balsamic
S - two cups of decaf with full fat cream

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Not sure how we got to this on a post about yogurt but Here's today's offering which is a fairly typical day in the badcat house although lunch would more usually be a salad of some variety
B - 2 low carb muffins ( made with ground almonds, eggs & raspberries
L - salmon sashimi, miso soup and vegetable tempura
D- whey protein, natural yogurt, and strawberries with some ground flaxseeds
S - 2 slices sukrin ( low carb) bread with 1 tbsp hummus and salad, another muffin, 10g 85% dark chocolate with chilli

Do you make the the Miso soup, if so where do you get the Miso and the seaweed?

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Irish yogurts 0%/0% fruit yogurts. NO added sugar; just sugar from the fruit plus artificial sweeteners. Overall pretty low-carb and low-fat as well if you care.