Weight loss stopped

Pompeygirl

T2 diagnosed sept on metformin and have lost 3 stone with low carbs and exercise. 4 weeks since losing any weight. I dont add fat to my diet but i dont avoid it. Anyone got any ideas how to kick start it? I would like to lose another stone

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Well done for great weight loss so far ! Stick with it, quite normal for people losing weight to plateau for a while and the weight loss will slow considerably. 3 stone is fantastic though. Hopefully, the weight loss will kick in again soon.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm plateau-ing at 4stone loss. I don't know the scientific explanation, but I'm guessing that the body gets used to the regime, so the weightloss slows down.
I've even tried to kick-start it by doing Atkins, and after the induction phase of 20g or less carbs per day, I have lost a grand total of 0lbs in 2 weeks.

Just keep at it, the loss will restart eventually.

Reactions: 2 people

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
I lost 3 stone in 4 months when I started to low carb, then stopped. It took me ages but finally started to lose again, I think its a delicate balancing act of protein and fat in the diet. But we have to realise what we eat at 20 stone weight is prob going to be too much when we are now 17 stone in weight. keep going, stick to it, dont worry, as stress raises BG, and all of a sudden the weight will start shifting.

Reactions: 4 people