Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
According to an article I read the culture thrives in a lactose environment but can survive in coconut milk long enough to do its job. You can't keep the culture going in coconut milk though, you need to keep a lactose plant going as well.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Ricky

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Have
which yoghurts are best? looking from some treat stuff
Have you found the delicious Irish Yoghurts at the supermarket. I get them in Morrisons. Fruit flavours , no sugar, unfortunately low fat as well.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Onken Biopot Yogurts are really creamy and delicious and has 3.8g of carbs per 100g serving.

turvell

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
been type 2 and the fact i get no sodding help from the NHS at all
when on a LCHF diet and looking to work in 20 g of carbs does it matter where the carbs come from. IE can you use it as say a evening biscuit?

B

badcat

when on a LCHF diet and looking to work in 20 g of carbs does it matter where the carbs come from. IE can you use it as say a evening biscuit?

It wouldn't really work unless you ate nothing but meat, cheese and fish throughout the day - all fruit & veg has some carbs in it as does milk etc . I would think avoiding all those foods and living on first class protein and a biscuit would be very unhealthy and pretty boring

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Even the atkins diet only recommends 20g limit on carbs for the first two weeks, but yes, it does matter where the carbs come from, basically salad is pretty much the only carb allowed for that two weeks. After that you start increasing carbs till you get to a higher level you can tolerate, for some this is just 50g and for others a bit higher.

i suggest you take a look at Viv's modified diets sheet in the low carb section of the forum.

suewho

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
spiders,
Natural yoghurt mashed up with fresh raspberries/blueberries/redcurrants/passion fruit. Avoid low fat ones as they have added sugar (I like yeo valley). Enjoy!

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Natural yoghurt mashed up with fresh raspberries/blueberries/redcurrants/passion fruit. Avoid low fat ones as they have added sugar (I like yeo valley). Enjoy!

A myth nowadays................

Have
Have you found the delicious Irish Yoghurts at the supermarket. I get them in Morrisons. Fruit flavours , no sugar, unfortunately low fat as well.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Yoghurt maker has arrived.
Slight error, I did a mix of soya and pasteurised skimmed milk.
All mixed in, coming up to temperature. I just realised I've been a bit keen, and forgot to pre boil the milk.
So, an interesting mix of bacteria working away now, I'll see what happens by tonight.

Reactions: 2 people

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yoghurt maker has arrived.
Slight error, I did a mix of soya and pasteurised skimmed milk.
All mixed in, coming up to temperature. I just realised I've been a bit keen, and forgot to pre boil the milk.
So, an interesting mix of bacteria working away now, I'll see what happens by tonight.

Provided it neither walks nor talks, you might just get away with it.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Well the yoghurt seems to have made ok.
It's mainly soya, so it's not a set yoghurt, but it's supposed to thicken in the fridge now.
Seems to be a good way to go.
Low fat, or high fat, no added sugar, or sweetener or fruit if you want it..
Milk, soya, coconut milk, hemp, cream, and it's probiotic.
Unless it kills me after I forgot to boil it, I can't see a down side.