Morning blood sugar levels

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Your blood glucose levels are up and down all the time but, in normally healthy people, are regulated and stay within limits. There are a large number of these homeostatic processes: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_homeostasis

Type 2 diabetes is like having a thermostat which works fine when it switches on, but sometimes when the temperature rises, it doesn't switch off.

Reactions: 2 people

Orkney 1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Hi, I am new to this forum as I'm waiting on my GP getting the finger out. My morning Bg is 15.3 and rises to around the 20 mark but I'm sure given time the GP will do something about it ( maybe)

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
hi, welcome

in my experience i wouldnt hold your breath with your GP you may well have to look at controlling your condition yourself, apart from any meds you need, i would say you should look after you, you care about you more than the doctor does, in the same way you care about you more than you care about the doctors health, if you have any questions please ask

Reactions: 2 people

Joe Sweatthang

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not Paragliding
A HA. Penny droping here for me. I'm currently between 8-9 in the mornings. Now I know why. Always skipped breakfast after just 6 hrs sleep. Hey ho.
Turvell, your readings a good. I was wondering why you're on here.

Orkney 1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Well, I got a phone call from the doc today and she said " yes your blood sugar is rather high , the food fasting boles were 17.5 so I think I will give you some metformin take one in the morning for a week and then maybe two a day for the next week" then she hung up. I'm beginning to feel that she's not bothered what I take but I've been reading your posts so I will take your advice and with after myself. You all seem to be getting a lot of help and advice from your gps

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Well, I got a phone call from the doc today and she said " yes your blood sugar is rather high , the food fasting boles were 17.5 so I think I will give you some metformin take one in the morning for a week and then maybe two a day for the next week" then she hung up. I'm beginning to feel that she's not bothered what I take but I've been reading your posts so I will take your advice and with after myself. You all seem to be getting a lot of help and advice from your gps

muhaha, no

turvell

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
been type 2 and the fact i get no sodding help from the NHS at all
I'm not infact I'm no longer seeing mine I'm self managing

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

snowballnc700

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Turvell, I,m diet controlled and my wake up readings vary between 5.5 and 6.7 averaging around 6,they are always a bit higher than my before bed reading, sounds like your doing fine.

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
This is encouraging! I was beginning to think I needed to starve myself in the evening since even a light evening meal led to a high morning reading .. Feel less anxious now I know its a common experience.

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
The dreaded DP!!
I was worried about this for a time also and still do not fully understand, will have to research more, but kind of used to the idea that mornings will be high, as rest of readings throughout the day I am happy with, was eating healthy and testing as follows;
pre evening meal 6.6
post meal 6.9
middle of the night 5.6
pre breakfast 8.0
I was like ***, tested for a few days with similar results, I assume I can never get my morning reading the same as my pre lunch or dinner, will keep trying but I am happy with regime I am on so far.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My morning readings are absolutely rubbish I have tried every way known to man woman child and dog to get the figures down but my liver just doesnt believe that I am not starving to death in the morning so now I dont test until either just before or after lunch ,it saves the stress so probably keeps the BGs down:)
CAROL

hmurray4

Sometimes your morning BG can be high because the background insulin isnt right
I have lantus as my background insulin and i split it in two so i take half in the morning nd half in the evening to ensure that it lasts the 24 hours.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App