Most inspirational low carb weight loss story ever?

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
She's done it well.

Doctor referral, high protein, low fat, low sodium, low carb, heavy exercise program, medical supervision, then paleo for life, portion controlled.

http://www.poondiet.com/diet.php

Lean meat, fish, fresh veg, not smothered in butter, or cheese.

Probably a diet I'd choose eventually.

Reactions: 2 people

fatbird

It should be remembered. Less than optimal kidney function is a situation some diabetics find themselves in. Too much protein can cause further problems. Calorific shortfalls are best taken up with high quality fats.

FB

Signs

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Anyone know who was singing power of love?

Signs

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Living the life I only used to dream about. Awesome

Signs

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you FB. Not really my type of musoc but liked that version.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
It should be remembered. Less than optimal kidney function is a situation some diabetics find themselves in. Too much protein can cause further problems. Calorific shortfalls are best taken up with high quality fats.

FB

That's why medical supervision of any diet is important.

She's not on a high fat diet though.
She did the poon diet.- low fat, high protein. Lean meat, fish, fresh veg, not smothered in butter, or cheese.
She lost a lot of weight, and stayed healthy
Then the paleo diet, for maintenance, again., high protein, portion control.

She's done well.

fatbird

douglas99 said.

"She's not on a high fat diet though."

The woman in the video is not a diabetic. For a diabetic carbs are a serious consideration as is protein. Fats are the best way to make up a shortfall in calories. When carbohydrate restriction has been applied.

FB

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Nothing wrong with low carb, as I keep saying. Poon diet seems to have worked well here.
I reckon with continual medical support, and good kidney function confirmed, one day I may consider low carb, low fat, high protein, or a variation on the paleo diet.
Can't beat a good bit of lean meat with some decent veg.

lacey1

douglas99 said.

"She's not on a high fat diet though."

The woman in the video is not a diabetic. For a diabetic carbs are a serious consideration as is protein. Fats are the best way to make up a shortfall in calories. When carbohydrate restriction has been applied.

FB
FB u mean to tell me u started a thread stating best low carb success story on a diabetic forum and now u r back tracking due to other members knowledge of the post and the lady is not even diabetic and u yourself do not recommend type 2 follow the diet she used shocked that someone like u who claims to have all the answers with low carbing would be so misleading shame on you

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

fatbird

"shocked that someone like u who claims to have all the answers with low carbing would be so misleading shame on you"

Where have I claimed to have all the answers? Where have I claimed the ladies diet was perfect for a diabetic?

Low carb high fat is the best diet for a diabetic.

FB

Reactions: 3 people

fatbird

Good find modesty007

Approximately 90% of diabetics are type two. Approximately 80 % are overweight at diagnosis. Reducing weight, and the right diet can reverse the dangerous symptoms of type two diabetes, but not cure. Low carb must be maintained for life-otherwise a return to the dangerous situation will return-for most.

FB

modesty007

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Fatbird I know, I actually escaped becoming type 2, but guess it was close, been doing LCHF for almost 1,5 year and I'm Scandinavian and have access to some really good blogs and forums. Weight loss is a little slow but that's not unusual for women +45 and i love the food and the lack of cravings.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
"Finally, and I have to be honest here, this guy also did more then a HCLF diet to explain his success: many times per week, he only eats one meal at around 6:00 pm which is made of 300-400 g meat, chicken or fish, with a nice 100 g of butter or mayonnaise which brings in around 1,800-2,000 calories. Of course, this is also an INTERMITTENT FASTING approach which will, on the long run, bring his insulin level even lower then with any other approach."

http://beforeitsnews.com/health/2013/10/tommy-runesson-and-the-zero-carb-diet-2509814.html

Who's up for one meal a day, and fasting the rest?

Reactions: 3 people