Insulin

shirty252

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm type 2 & on 3000mg met & 320mg gliclazide per day,I'm about to start insulin.do they stop my meds when I start insulin?

phil169

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
not all the time mate. they may drop some of the meds but not them all.

Reactions: 2 people

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
I would guess they will phase out the Gliclazide but decision will be down to your doc and level of control. Good luck going onto insulin, it's not that bad and I think can afford greater control.

Reactions: 4 people

Lone Ranger

I was originally on Metformin, gliclizade and Sitgliptin ( the ladt named I was put on as final attempt to enhance my own production of insulin). I when I started levemuir insulin I asked if Sitgliptin was still necessary and I was taken off.

In December it was decided Levemuir not controlling late afternoon and evening levels and. A I needed to try a mixed insulin and I was taken off gliclizade as soon as I started NovoMix . This now means I am injuring with a pen 2x 12 units a day plus taking 2 Metformin tablets twice a day.

I always take a a4 sized diary with me and write notes during the session with diabetes nurse as there still appears to info going astray between the diabetes clinic and the surgery . For example I was taken of gliclizade mid December but both my January and February. Prescriptions when I picked them up contained gliclizade

If it mentioned that medication is changing or will change I note it down so can raise it if necessary

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Karen.G.

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm type 2 & on 3000mg met & 320mg gliclazide per day,I'm about to start insulin.do they stop my meds when I start insulin?

I am on metformin 2,000mg daily and Novomix 30 Insulin 40 breakfast / tea 40 - and I'm hoping to go back on Victoza so that I can reduce the insulin even further. You will certainly notice a difference once on insulin. Good luck.