Low sugar yoghurts

poohbear7260

Can someone possibly help me. Right now i am very ill with diabetes type 2. I love yogurts but am struggling to find any with as near as or lower than 5g sugar in them. Does anyone know of any suitable yogurts to buy? Thanks very much.

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Full fat greek yog, and add a few berries, yum.

Reactions: 2 people

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Irish Yogurts 0%/0% fruit yogurt. No added sugar and sweetened with artificial sweeteners

anteater2012

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
People who don't listen to others i.e. the 8 members of this forum I have put on ignore as they talk such utter **** all the time. This now includes the member who thinks they are a moderator.
Adore the irish yoghurts but can only find them in Sainsburys over here, my nearest one us 8 miles away on a bus.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Onken Biopot Yoghurt is creamy and delicious and works out at around 3.8g of carbs per 100g serving.

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
Are they just called Irish yogurts ?

bernie.freeman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
selfish people
Yes they are called Irish Yogurts, I have bought some from Tesco recently. ;)

candiloo

full fat greek yoghurt and add fruit. Any with low sugar will have sweetners. If you are poorly at the moment and it is your levels, count the carbs and get the level down without extra insulin. That always makes me feel awful.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
full fat greek yoghurt and add fruit. Any with low sugar will have sweetners. If you are poorly at the moment and it is your levels, count the carbs and get the level down without extra insulin. That always makes me feel awful.

Old advice now

Fage 0% fat is sugar and sweetener free

http://products.usa.fage.eu/fage-total-0-6-oz

Alpro has no added sugar or sweeteners.

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
I like Alpro too

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
Full fat greek yog, and add a few berries, yum.
Yum yum indeed. Have it most days for breakfast. Blueberries, blackberries, raspberries & strawberries.

poohbear7260

I thank everyone for their reply and as suggested just bought some Irish yogurts from my local sainsnbury's, however upon getting home and reading the ingredients, there is too much sugar in at 9g per 125 ml pot. I have to stick to less than 5g as am really poorly:(

lessci

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have you tried fromage frais rather than yogurt? Not looked at normal ones but the weightwatchers ones are are 5.9g carbs per 100g, the full fat ones could be less

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Can someone possibly help me. Right now i am very ill with diabetes type 2. I love yogurts but am struggling to find any with as near as or lower than 5g sugar in them. Does anyone know of any suitable yogurts to buy? Thanks very much.

Natural yogurt and add your own berries or. trawl the supermarkets reading labels. Some time ago, my T1 husband was ill and I wanted to get him some flavoured yogurt. the only low sugar one I found was designed for weaning infants. there mqay be others around now.
Hana

foxglove

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders - especially the big black ones!
Personally I prefer to stick to those that don't have sweeteners in either but thanks for the info on Alpro, I shall be trying that one myself as I am trying to cut down on my sugar levels after an attack of psuedogout.

smithy1783

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness.
Injustice
Unfairness
I am still very new to this but rather than trawl a supermarket and strain to be able to read the small print re Carbs, Fat, Sugars etc I have started to use the web sites for Tesco, Waitrose etc and their apps on my smart phone and tablet. Quick and easy way to search the shelves and find the values that I am realising are oh so important. Sorry if this is too obvious, just trying to do a little to help people plan their shopping and hence the diet.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: Jaynemum