Anyone watching Channel 4 now about sugar

bernie.freeman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
selfish people
I am watching it, it hasn't stated that a lot of foods contain carbohydrate that turn to sugar ???

Daff

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Brussel sprouts and aubergines...
I know my thoughts too how misleading I think
I saw it... The WSRO (World Sugar Research Organisation) based in London is funded by, yes, you've guessed, companies that produce sugar. How can anyone believe a word that the WSRO say? And yes, the WSRO state that sugar is quite 'safe'. Absolute madness...

Reactions: 3 people

timbuck2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I saw it, but only half. It felt so poorly presented and in a way patronising, it really wound me up. They seemed to go on about how bad sugar is for a human. Hang on a minute, isn't sugar/carbohydrase our primary source of energy? (I will stand corrected, I am by no means an expert). One professional seemed to even be reinforcing the other end of extreme to which overweight/those with poor diets are at. Our bodies need some sugar in sensible amounts to function effectively. Nowhere in the parts of the program that I watched did I see that concept being put forward. I won't go on about it as it's late and I don't want to start raging responses on my first post but some thoughts to throw in the mix.