Just started

Antonyponraj

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all
I am 3 days old in LCHF.Its amazing.Unable yo believe.
I am type 2 since 1998.last week my Fbg was 150 and Post lunch Sugar was 200. Started the Lchf diet since last Saturday.my today Fbg is 106.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Antonyponraj

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi. Today is 5th day. Fsg is 88,Post lunch 132. Great.But I feel Indigestion and small head ache. Is this Normal?...Present carb intake perday is 100g .Protein 110g,Fat 75g.
Any suggestion please....

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hi. Today is 5th day. Fsg is 88,Post lunch 132. Great.But I feel Indigestion and small head ache. Is this Normal?...Present carb intake perday is 100g .Protein 110g,Fat 75g.
Any suggestion please....

That's not a lot of food.
just under 1500 calories a day.
Are you on a low calories diet as well as LCHF?

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I am unable to take more fat than this.Reason for indigestion please......

I always get indigestion from too much fat.

The shortfall in daily calories isn't going to work long term. You need a strategy that also addresses that.
Can you include more green veg, cauli, broccoli, cabbage, salads?

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Personally, I don't count carbs.

It's your choice really I'm afraid.

Fat can give some, (you and me at least) indigestion, and acid reflux

Protein can harm your kidneys with continuous loading

Carbs can increase your bg. Some foods are worse than others, low GI is better normally.

But no matter what, if you don't eat more calories than you expend, you'll use your own body reserves, then your own body until you run out.
The average person uses about 2300 calories for the average male.

You need to eat food that suits you personally to make it up to that level.

If you have a meter you need to experiment with different food combinations that don't spike your bg, don't give you indigestion, and don't make your diet mainly protein.

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
Usuall disclaimer not ever diet suits everyone

As a new low carber and getting used to how negative douglas is l dont count fat protein calories just carbs. l did count them all but it got out of hand. l started about 100 to 130 a day now 20 to 30 and happy.

l am full and dont get peckish. l eat as best l can as my PT calls clean fat not processed although do have chedder and 5 thin slices salami or peperoni a day.

If you checking protein it is 1gram per here says pound body weight my PT and others say per kg personally l try per kg if l go over l dont mind as other days l may be under.
Eat a good mix of good protein like fish (l hate fish) meat and also pumpkin seeds which are very high in protein.
You can also get hit by a car so dont panic at the protein is bad. Be sensible.

l have upped my water intake ick to water anyway if l havent had enough l get stomach cramp or constipation. So l drink more water....simples

Calories are a modern invention ignore them new info coming out how badly they are measured and false to the item and how we use them is worth stuff all. Mind you the measure was sorted over 100yrs ago and things have moved on.
Was interesting radio4 prog. a few months back.

Reactions: 2 people

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Usuall disclaimer not ever diet suits everyone

As a new low carber and getting used to how negative douglas is l dont count fat protein calories just carbs. l did count them all but it got out of hand. l started about 100 to 130 a day now 20 to 30 and happy.

l am full and dont get peckish. l eat as best l can as my PT calls clean fat not processed although do have chedder and 5 thin slices salami or peperoni a day.

If you checking protein it is 1gram per here says pound body weight my PT and others say per kg personally l try per kg if l go over l dont mind as other days l may be under.
Eat a good mix of good protein like fish (l hate fish) meat and also pumpkin seeds which are very high in protein.
You can also get hit by a car so dont panic at the protein is bad. Be sensible.

l have upped my water intake ick to water anyway if l havent had enough l get stomach cramp or constipation. So l drink more water....simples

Calories are a modern invention ignore them new info coming out how badly they are measured and false to the item and how we use them is worth stuff all. Mind you the measure was sorted over 100yrs ago and things have moved on.
Was interesting radio4 prog. a few months back.

Just low carb, even if it's not actually replaced with any fats or protein?
The amount of food consumed doesn't matter even if it's not actually enough to live on, just so long as it's low carb?
Very good example of exactly what I meant in my other post.

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
So to avoid feeding the above person l have often posted the diet and amounts that suits me..l didnt want to drive the posters balmy as some do by my repetitive behaviour.

Viv post which is a sticky on the modified Atkins is what l based my diet on but Douglas wont probably have read as he doesnt believe in low carb although he wants to be one ummm ummmm anyhow boat and float springs to mind.

My survival so far not in doubt, my PT is a nutricionalist and diatician keeps close eye on general health and diet each week and happy or not with my intake.

Can not put up links as on phone meant to be working if washing walls is called work.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
So to avoid feeding the above person l have often posted the diet and amounts that suits me..l didnt want to drive the posters balmy as some do by my repetitive behaviour.

Viv post which is a sticky on the modified Atkins is what l based my diet on but Douglas wont probably have read as he doesnt believe in low carb although he wants to be one ummm ummmm anyhow boat and float springs to mind.

My survival so far not in doubt, my PT is a nutricionalist and diatician keeps close eye on general health and diet each week and happy or not with my intake.

Can not put up links as on phone meant to be working if washing walls is called work.

So a bit of a double standard then?

The op has stated
"Present carb intake perday is 100g .Protein 110g,Fat 75g"

That's fine according to you, but you have a personal trainer, who's a nutritionist, and a dietician, keeping an eye on your health, and your survival is not in doubt, so the op shouldn't worry, and if they do worry, they could still be hit by a bus anyway?

But you're still qualified to say I'm wrong, that's enough food intake for the op, and their kidneys will be fine with extra protein so long as they low carb, you don't even need to know anything about them?

I'll let the op decide if you're qualified

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
Sighs after a long day and topped off with a night shopping l need to deal with your intransigence again ok wuggie l will reply this once but that is it, after this l shall not spoil this thread with your diatribe against low carb and how you are never wrong it truly is tiring and ll have to admit l don't like it however in the interests of your warping my words.

I did not state if it was good or bad l said how my diet was but that they mustn't get bogged down in numbers l stated l did originally record every part of what l ate but there is only so much you can take in. it gets so you can not see the wood for the trees. I asked the same advice and got pretty much the same advice l just gave. Added the comments about clean food which l got from my PT and what was meant as l figured it was useful advice.

I also stated the amounts of protein l was told and there seems to be a discrepancy that should be enough for the OP to check out their selves and decide based on their weight and needs not on your comments of dangerous and renal failure. when you do not know his weight. Enough to scare someone silly that.

l did not say it was good or bad as l did not say what my protein was only sometimes over sometimes under my kg as l liked to use that and l wasnt worried it was hard for me to overdo it. It is NOT for you either to say he IS damaging himself you are by your own admittance not a dietitian or nutritionist a dr or a blood test those are the ones who can give a definitive answer on the person however a quick google will give him protein answers..

A PT is not expensive ours holds Boot Camp for £5 which is an average cost, and 1 to 1 is £20 if one person goes and £10 if 2 go. Generally the PT's have diet and nutrition degrees and advise on food.

And l stated check out Vivs post as l based my diet on that and what l read here not what my PT said actually his sheet is totally different based on non diabetics.

Many posts inc. Viv (WHOM I USED FOR MY DIET) warn of extra water l got cramps and constipation and a headache at various times at the start. .They have now gone but if l don't drink enough l get constipation/stomach ache for me the same thing.

Thank you.
MID

Reactions: 6 people

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
What's your diet got to do with the op?
I don't give a monkies what quantity you eat, and it's b**ger all to do with what the op eats if he's not eating enough, has a headache and indigestion, and is already eating enough protein for 110KG body mass by your reckoning alone, and still calorie deficient!
Do we need you advising the op that calorie deficient is still ok, so long as it's low carb, just get a personal trainer?
I've said eat more, unless he is trying to lose weight, then it's the right amount now, but will need to increase to maintain weight eventually.
I don't really care what, just stop fixating that all you need to do is eat less carbs, you still need to eat enough for the day, regardless of what it is.

As to
"ok wuggie l will reply this once"

good!

*sighs*
*rolls eyes*

Last edited by a moderator:

Antonyponraj

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
OK friends. Overall I understood something from you both. I took some antacid yesterday and had some coffee with fresh cream.Today morning My indigestion has hone. I ate some Mushrooms ,a carb of 25g,Cucumber, raw tomato,handful of Cashew nuts.Feels good than yesterday. I am trying to reduce my protein g less and will increase slowly on fats. I am 5feet 7 inches and weigh 74kg which is more by 5kg.so if reduce my weight,its good.After reaching the fat enough qty,I will start reducing my carb. I am targeting the protein at 75 g today.Thanks for your support and it was very useful. Thanks Mud island Dweller and Doglas for the deliberations.determined to go ahead on low carb .

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Sounds a good plan.

The anti acids should help, but also the mix of food, and the amount and type of fat eaten in one go.
Nuts are normally a good choice there, as they have a good amount of oil, some, protein, and small carbs.
I find yoghurt isn't bad, (even though I don't normally eat full fat yoghurt), but the milk in the yoghurt takes the acid off the fat in it.
Both are a good source of calories.
Good luck, and keep the numbers coming down!