Please spare a thought

Dodo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good luck to Nicola's dad. Had the same operation 3 months ago and was out 6 days later.

Reactions: 3 people

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.
Look at all the replies, what a lovely bunch of caring and considerate members in Diabetes uk.
I take my hat off to everyone.

NicolaB70, your dad, your family and you, are in my thoughts and prayers.

Here's to a speedy recovery for your dad.

God bless.

willie.

Reactions: 8 people

popsy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Crowds of people, my idea of hell would be a huge gathering of any sort!

Heights, scare me to death!
Liars, cheats. poseurs, any kind of violence, thieves and people who take advantage of others.

The way the world is going to hell in a handbasket.

Global warming, the melting ice caps, whaling..I mean what for?!

Cruelty

Having to give up my eat everything philosophy..and I really really dislike consequences.
Hi Nicola, I have just found this thread and am guessing that the op is underway or may even be over. I know you must be feeling anxious love but hang in there, I am sure your dear Dad will come through this and be all the better afterwards. After all, he has you for support :)

Reactions: 2 people

2131tom

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good luck to your Dad, and to you in your wait. Please let us all know when you have any news.

Janiept

Expert
I know this is a really worrying time for you and your family but hang in there and know we are holding you all in our thoughts.

Love and prayers to you all xx

N

NicolaB70

I would like to thank each and every one of you from the bottom of my heart for the lovely kind words of support and best wishes. It really has meant a lot, thank you again.
My dad came out of surgery at lunchtime and was on a ventilater being monitored in recovery. All had gone well and to plan. As of an hour ago, he's been taken off of ventilater, is awake in a stable condition but in pain and doing well. Nurses are keeping on top of the pain relief for him. Hopefully will be moved to HDU tomorrow all being well and good.
I think I'm going to treat myself to a large glass of wine as it's been a long stressful worrying day. Thank you once again for your support for my dad, myself and my family.
Love Nicola

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 17 people

carraway

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Great news. Please give us more updates in the days to come.

I miss my Dad very much, so I shall be thinking of you and yours as I can imagine what it was like.

Cara

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Knowing others Won't learn from my mistakes, Being TERMINALLY ILL !
For my dad. He's in hospital and within the next hour will be going down to theatre for a triple heart bypass. I'm obviously feeling anxious and worried so if you could join me in wishing him a successful op and speedy recovery.

Sorry Nicola Sweetie only just seen your post, you and your dad in my thoughts and prayers. Keep in touch Love and Hugs. xxx.

popsy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Crowds of people, my idea of hell would be a huge gathering of any sort!

Heights, scare me to death!
Liars, cheats. poseurs, any kind of violence, thieves and people who take advantage of others.

The way the world is going to hell in a handbasket.

Global warming, the melting ice caps, whaling..I mean what for?!

Cruelty

Having to give up my eat everything philosophy..and I really really dislike consequences.
Wonderful news Nicola. Would love pdates when you have the time xxxxxxxxx

Shzz46

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who try to tell me what to do
Hi Nicola good news about your dad you enjoy your glass of wine you deserve it

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
I would like to thank each and every one of you from the bottom of my heart for the lovely kind words of support and best wishes. It really has meant a lot, thank you again.
My dad came out of surgery at lunchtime and was on a ventilater being monitored in recovery. All had gone well and to plan. As of an hour ago, he's been taken off of ventilater, is awake in a stable condition but in pain and doing well. Nurses are keeping on top of the pain relief for him. Hopefully will be moved to HDU tomorrow all being well and good.
I think I'm going to treat myself to a large glass of wine as it's been a long stressful worrying day. Thank you once again for your support for my dad, myself and my family.
Love Nicola

That's excellent news, Nicola. Here's to a speedy recovery!

N

NicolaB70

Just a quick update. My dad is doing well, doctors are pleased with with his recovery. He has been moved to HDU and hopefully will be moved to a ward today if there's a bed available. They've had him out of bed sitting in a chair yesterday. All lines are being taken out today and they are going to get him up walking. The only problem he has, is he has no appetite and hasn't eaten yet. I haven't been able to visit him yet but I'm going today so at least that will put my mind at ease. Thank you again for call your best wishes

Reactions: 7 people