• at or above 75

Votes: 8 23.5%

• Total voters

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Just a quick poll, what's your heart rate?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Voted Douglas and will be interested in the results, mine use to sit around 80 but dropped down once I lost weight and got a little bit fitter.

Pez68

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Arrogant people
Good question, as you know I'm having some issues with this at the mo, 44 was my lowest this week, and I vary throughout the day around 48's. 46 was recorded with the DN on Monday.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
40 - 45.... i have to check it regular to make sure I'm not dead

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
52 this morning but usually in the 40s so maybe I wasn't "resting" enough ;)

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
A healthy heart rate may vary considerably with age, below is a graph showing target heart rates after exercise for varying age groups.

heart rate.jpg

The above graph was taken from a screen capture from The American Heart Associations web site
http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Getti...ity/Target-Heart-Rates_UCM_434341_Article.jsp

I must point out that these figures are target rates for post exercise and not resting

Last edited by a moderator:

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
About 110 before I was diagnosed, and now at 80-85 on bisoprolol. No cause has been found for my fast heart rate... but still, they insist on looking for one lol.

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been around 48 for years but am certainly no athlete. It turned out I was hypothyroid and bradycardia is a very common symptom indeed. I still haven't managed to get it up much, but average 55. Also basal body temp has gone up, from 36,2 to 36,7.

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
typically 44-46, although I've seen as low as 38.

That 220 minus age is a load of ******** though. Very much dependent on exercise mechanism as well. Cycling gives me much lower HR than running which is much lower than rowing for the same output, all depends on a whole load of external factors plus muscle mass involved

sugarmog

My usual resting heartbeat is 72bpm. Has been for years and doesn't seem to change with weight loss/gain. However, it can go up to about 80 and sometimes as low as 60.

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My resting rate is 58, max is around 164, happy to exercise at 95% max during HIT intervals, but do most exercise at around 140

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

For base building I'm at 148 as a cap, only go higher during deliberate training periods, tempo runs, speedwork etc, same on the bike.

For fitness you want a good base and spend most of your time building it.