Type 1: What are your HbA1c test results?

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
Got a HB1AC of 5.2 yesterday . Not bad , though Christmas ruined my chances of getting into the 4 % club. Also got my cholesterol back within limits after LDL was too high 3 months. I'm going to eat some cheese to celebrate

Reactions: 2 people

Miss90

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
6.0 - i'm aiming for my next one to be 5.5 so i'm working hard!

Reactions: 4 people

JustDomUK

My Hba1c test returned as 76 pre Xmas. :O anything less than this is a step in the right direction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baz2107

Type of diabetes
Type 1
just had my result back 45 (6.3%) was 118 (12.9%) when first diagnosed as Type 1 back in August last year. Not had my appointment at diabetic clinic yet just called up to get result from doctors.
Should I be pleased with this or should I still be looking to decrease it further

SirHarryLewis

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
4.7 informed by nurse that it is too low and I must be having hypos whilst I am asleep. However, my readings in a morning have been high in a morning and I have only just got it back to under 7 with almost doubling my amount of Lantus at bedtime. Now nurse tells me to drop Lantus amount so a bit confused

Interesting, I had readings of 5 and got a ticking off for the same reason. You must be having hypos (i wasnt really)
Now its 6.7 and they are happy...Im not

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
HbA1c score 5,5% last week, which apparently is in the non-diabetic range! Aiming for something closer to 5 next time round.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 6 people

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
HbA1c score 5,5% last week, which apparently is in the non-diabetic range! Aiming for something closer to 5 next time round.

Did not realize this is the t1 forum. I am a non insulin dependent t2 who has been fortunate enough never to have had a hypo, hence my low h score target!

inhil1982

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Lealey0309 - I had the same problem has you a few year back and it was down to my night insulin being far to high. I have now dropped it down by half as much and feel like ive had a good night sleep, with a better sugar level in the morning. Louwalker71 is right at the times to check to see if your going low at night time. Hope this helps

Ian :)

Danny Prince

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
My Likes
I'm not sure what it is as a percentage but as the number thing it was something like <130 basically was that high it couldn't be read correctly :/

midlands girl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Last two were 8.3, most recent one was 7.9. How on earth do you all get yours lower than this?! Just can't seem to do it...

nmr1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
When i had my flu jab in october 2013 i opted to have blood tests in the same day and the resulting hba1c was 12%, the previous one was 10% and the one before that was quite low and I might have had a hypo just after the first one.

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Last two were 8.3, most recent one was 7.9. How on earth do you all get yours lower than this?! Just can't seem to do it...
Low carbing! Eat fewer things that raise your BGs and you will have better BGs!