Bad week

spurslad

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all
Well this is only my second post on here and it's been a bad week. Rushed to hospital with signs of a heart attack ( at only 37 yrs old) and told by the doctor it could be angina and got to see a cardiologist and sent home with a gtn spray and was told by the doctor that due to heart problems in family and being diabetic I am more at risk of heart attacks ( thanks doc ). The following day my nurse called me and asked how my sugars are on a new tablet she put me on and no significant change seen.
She is calling me tomorrow and has now said that due to my new problem and no change with different tablets she has said it will prob be best to get me onto insulin ASAP. The joys of this week hope it's better next week.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry to hear that. The 'good' news is that insulin these days is not the problem it was 20-30 years ago. The pens have very small needles and are virtually painless; better than the finger-pricks. Unless you have full-blown T1 then you can get away with only 2-3 injections per day or even just one at a pinch

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Insulin MAY be the way to go (at least short term) If it is LADA or T1 then it needs to be done. if not a "rest" for the pancreas may help.
Good Luck!

carraway

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Hi Leon

Sorry to hear that. Scary stuff. Can you try to make some changes to your diet while you are waiting?
Lower carbs should help.

Are they going to test you for Late onset/type 1?

Cara

spurslad

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks everyone my doctor called today as promised and said she would call the hospital which she did and within half an hour a diabetic nurse from the hospital called me and I am there on Wednesday and she has said insulin is more than likely going to be prescribed after the chat she had with my nurse on the phone. Not looking forward to it but if it keeps me alive to see my boys grow up then I will embrace it.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App