DLA

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Type 1 almost 30 years. Had DLA when crucified with pain for 1 year before the DLA was stopped 3 years ago.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

picklebean

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Erm, yes I am 32, type1 and get DLA, but not just because I have diabetes... that's not a reason to get DLA.

I get it because I have severe mental health problems that interact with my diabetes control and vice versa.

ZACNEMMA

Erm, yes I am 32, type1 and get DLA, but not just because I have diabetes... that's not a reason to get DLA.

I get it because I have severe mental health problems that interact with my diabetes control and vice versa.

oh ok! Thankyou! What sort of other problems do you have!

picklebean

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have various mental health issues, including depression, anxiety, social anxiety and an eating disorder, plus other physical health conditions that impact on my mental health.... everything sort of combines into a big ball of not being able to cope very well with any of it - if the diabetes is badly controlled then my physical health is affected and also my mood/depression/anxiety and if my mood is low etc then I'm not able to control my diabetes very well so it's a big vicious circle.