Type 1 Need ladies advice re, the pill

saz1902

Hi all. I have been t1 for just over a year, and have not had bad readings. I have recently started taking the pill, and now my readings are all over The place! I could test 2 hours after eating and be in the 4s, but by my next meal its got to 7 with out me eating anything! Has this happened to anyone else, and what is the best way to get round it? Any advice would be appreieated. I would go back to the dr, but don't want to go through chopping and changing pills. Many thanks all x

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm not on the pill anymore. I was before I was diabetic, but it contains high hormone levels which gave me migraines.

This hormone level could be messing with your BG?

Personally I use the implant now. I forget it's there, migraine maybe once a year only now and I don't get a period so no awful monthly mayhem with BG! (Maybe once or twice a year instead)

Blogging at drivendiabetic.wordpress.com

nymple

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am on the pill form of the injection (or so I understand it) my levels are fine most of the time however I did notice that when I was late taking my pill (I'm supposed to take it the same time everyday) my levels seemed to go up a bit. Took me a few days to figure out but as my food was fantastic but I think that was the cause. It might just take a little while to normalise?

daniT1D

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have the injection (since before diagnosis) but I think they said I can't go back on the pill now because of t1?

saz1902

Thank you all for replying. I guess it could be the hormone level and hope I get used to it and hope it settles. I did stress to the dr about my concern what I could have with t1,but she seemed to think it would be ok. I might give it a couple of months, then go back if it hasn't settled. Thank you so much again x

Debbie Riggs

A few years after I was diagnosed type 1 (at 18) I was advised to change from the pill to a contraceptive injection or implant. The dr said that this was due to my increased risk of osteoporosis - from being on the pill but also being diabetic. I now have the implant and it's been great. I wasn't advised at the start and only came up when I saw a young female locum doctor who took time to explain. Hope this helps.