Little help?

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi guys,

Seeing as my DSN isnt getting back to me....

My bloods havent been below about 10 since the weekend. ive changed sets to completely new batches as well as insulin.

Ive taken over 5U today with no carbs and have come down from 15 to 10.i would normally be down to 5 about now - anyone have any ideas? its driving me nuts!!

ellecook79

Without getting too personal is it close to your TOTM? My insulin needs always go up quite significantly at this point.
Otherwise could just be that you are ill? I can need quite a lot more insuoin with even a simple cold?
Also, your basal needs will change constantly. I am always juggling mine - it is not really a case of getting it right once and it will never change.
Hope this helps!

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
As you are on a high dose of Prednisolone I think you might expect bg troubles. Even people without diabetes reacts this way.

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It could be... my cycle date changed last month (syncing) so im not sure. on the other hand ive never noticed this much before and ive had my CGM previously.

Not sick that i know of either. Tempted to wack a couple of units in just to try and budge it.

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guys,

Seeing as my DSN isnt getting back to me....

My bloods havent been below about 10 since the weekend. ive changed sets to completely new batches as well as insulin.

Ive taken over 5U today with no carbs and have come down from 15 to 10.i would normally be down to 5 about now - anyone have any ideas? its driving me nuts!!

No ideas but I feel your pain!

Blogging at drivendiabetic.wordpress.com

Reactions: 3 people

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
As you are on a high dose of Prednisolone I think you might expect bg troubles. Even people without diabetes reacts this way.
I havent even picked the px up yet as i left the drs too late last night.. I havent taken ANY meds. was hoping to have a good day before that happened.

pumppimp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I would do a temp basal as well as extra bolus if you've been consistently high for over a day and nothing else works. Keep an eye on stacking though!

Picci

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I reckon it's down to those female hormones. I never used to notice many regular changes during the month but my word, now I do. Sorry chaps but like many of us girls may have spotted, i have to reduce my insulin ( both basal and bolus ) as soon as that dreaded day arrives. By day 12-14 I then need to increase both, this is the time I'm ovulating ( i can feel it). My bolus ratios they stay put until I bleed again but I increase my basal again around day 20. It's like being on a roller coster. In my BG diary I number each day, (day 1 is 1st day of bleeding etc) it just helps me spot more or less when I need to make changes before they affect my bgs. I know I'll ovulate between days 12-14, but instead of waiting for it to happen I increase my basal day 12. It's taken months to figure patterns out, and no doubt it'll all change again soon when I hit that time if life!! Just to give you an example, my basal on day 1 is 8 units in the morn and 8 in the evening. By day 28/29 when that day is looming my basal is 11 in the morn , 11 at night and occasionally I increase to 12........

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people

pumppimp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yeah I have been on and off for several days now. Since 2pm I've been on 140% which to me is extraordinary!!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
Some times I can be over 200% which I know is extreme for some! 140% would be quite low for me, but my hormones have that extra kick! If it's a once in a blue moon thing don't stress about it you can only deal with what you can do in the moment. Hope it settles soon.

Lucie75

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
At least you'll know the reason for it. I guess more testing is in order...