Eye probs

karatekid

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Im just wondering if any fellow diabetics on here have experienced any probs with their eyesight? My vision has always been great and I have been diabetic for over 23 years but last year I suffered from a slight blurring when reading with my left eye. Its been checked and its a slight swelling and is from diabetic control and the amount of hypos ive had on a constant basis. They have said give it 3 months to see if it gets better with better control but if not they will do laser treatment or injections to help. Its really winding me up and im getting frustrated as its not improving at all. Its easily sorted but as impatient as I am, I really would like it sorted now. Has anyone had laser or injections to help eye probs with diabetes or has better control helped the prob? Hope your all well x

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Keith300-01

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Strong wind
I've had laser but it was to stop blood leaks at first both eyes have had it done to the max I've lost count ! Looked like cobwebs that move about they take forever to go away they won't do nothing while they are new up to a year , then I had cataract in my left eye looked like smoke I got taken in and had the jelly taken out the middle of my eye and cataract fixed at the same time took 2 1/2 month off work to get back to fitness it takes a lot out of you ! Now next month I've to see the same team about my right eye :( , 2 weekends ago I had a good hypo after gel I tested as I could not see right total loss in left eye and flashing in right eye I was 1.9 only got about 30 % back in left eye but they can look when I'm in and see if it will fix until then its bump bump bump into things until I can judge if I'm 2 close , still positive most days though been diabetic 30 years this year and just turned 42 , always thing theirs people worse hope your blurred vision improves soon try sunglasses when outside as your eyes might be taking longer to adjust , keith

karatekid

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Cheers keith, much appreciated :) hang on in there and just do your best as thats all you can do. Always ask the docs for second opinions and make sure you push them if they arent focusing on you in the correct manner. I hope all gets better for you and just keep the faith :)

Reactions: 2 people

Charisma_1630

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My eyes change daily. If my sugars are higher they blur but the next day can be completely normal again. Very frustrating!

karatekid

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Im sure all will be ok and will deffo help your vision :) its all worthwhile to regain better sight but I wish you all the best and look forward to hearing about it x