Fasting in type 1. Is it possible?

paw

Hi, I am 35 and I am living with diabetes for more than 20 years. My recent Hba1c is 50. I am on a pump. I have an active lifestyle, which means that I spend more than 4 active hours weekly (running, swimming, all sorts of cardio exercises) for last 4 years. As I am a bit overweight 85 kilos to 175 cm I am trying to loose some weight. I read quite a lot about fasting and according to the articles it is fantastic to take a break from food once in a while, hence I started to have 1 day off food (Fridays). The fact is that I have the best sugar readings on Friday and I can easily adopt my basal rates in case of any changes in my body. I have plenty of water and detox teas. It has some downturns, as I have some problem with high sugar readings after breakfast next day. Then my body has very high insulin resistance. Many people stick to eating regularly, but I think that fasting is worthwhile. i would be grateful for your opinion in case you have tried it before. Have you ever tried to fasting? Can you give me some tips??

Picci

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I do the 5:2 , I'm type 1 but I din't use a pump so I don't know what to advise. However, i have my breakfast on fast days, i skip lunch and correct with bolus only if BG is a touch raised. Then I eat my evening meal at 6pm. Simple, and at the same time I've checked how my basal is working. Good luck

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App